Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: January Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Thank you Abi and Debbie!

Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Zora. Our pets are family members and it's so hard to lose one of them. I do hope you are able to get a new kitten with different colouring. Thunder sounds like he's a handful!

That's too bad about all the frogging you had to do, but thankfully you were able to do it before it became a bigger mess.

Tamara, I hope that cold isn't moving down into your chest. Take care of yourself! Yuck, a 15-hour drive just to deliver a package. Hope it will be worth all the trouble!

We lost our electricity all day yesterday, so no stitching done. There was an equipment failure deep in the woods and about 12,000 homes were affected. I stayed out most of the day, in addition to Peter and I going out for breakfast and dinner, and the power was back on by bedtime. Luckily the temperature wasn't frigid - it was unseasonably warm for January, just above the freezing mark.
    Wendy

I will not be able to post my update until Wednesday. Getting sent out to camp for tonight and working a long day tomorrow. It is the last day of the watching logging equipment. It was a nice diversion from all office work for the winter. We will see what they come up with for me next. And unfortunately the long drive to Edson was not successful. I took a bid there for a contract and we did not get it. And I was in the office the next day and had one of the bosses come over and tell me I should have let him know I was coming as apparently we have a temporary office there right now and he would have lunch with me. And he needed a skidoo ramp for a truck which was why he came back home. That was a comedy of the right hand and left hand not talking. I did get to drive through Banff National Park Mt Robson Provincial Park. Twice.

This cold so far just seems to like my nose and ears. I am a bit short of breath at times, but that is just it playing up my asthma. Which is bad enough, but not pneumonia like one of the crew has.

Losing your power is icky. Thank fully it was not cold enough to cause too many issues. The weather here has been warm as well. -30C one week and +7C the next. Crazy swings back and forth.
    And some fuzzy cat tax. The short hair is Chewie and the long hair is Fozzy Bear. Their Mom was found by a coworker's family and she had been hit by a car and was pregnant. They could not find the owner so they kept the Mom and I got the kittens. Chewie chose my Dad and Fozzy chose me. The short hair has an undercoat that goes on and on and on. The long hair does not have an undercoat and is always cold and wants under the blankets or to snuggle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0667[1].jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	532.3 KB 
ID:	8560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0285[1].jpg 
Size:	703.3 KB 
ID:	8561
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Aww Tamara, communication is key. Better than him taking you out to lunch, had everyone known he was coming he could have taken the package with him and saved you the drive completely! Unless of course, it was time sensitive.

I'm not a cat person by any stretch of the imagination, but these are cute ones.

Here is my progress on David. He's coming along faster than I thought he would.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6242.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	8562 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6250.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	8563
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, your progress is great! I'm loving the detail in Davids face, wonderful

Tamara fingers X you feel better soon, lovely cats

I didn't manage any stitching at all, what with work and visitors the time just flew by. Jane's arriving Friday and staying for a couple of months so stitching time will be cut even further!
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thank you Abi!

Aww, that's too bad about your stitching. I hope you'll be able to get some done here and there. The upside (if there is one) is that you'll be giving your wrists a break that you wouldn't on your own! Is Jane coming for work or an extended visit?
    Wendy

Images
    Good afternoon all! This weekend is our SAL for GK charts and I'll be continuing on with David. I hope someone else will be joining in so that I don't have a different SAL - a Stitch-Alone! Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

I will join in. And someday I might remember that my camera needs to go over to my work with my so I can take a picture of last week's progress to post it. I have to work this weekend so it will only be a bit in the evenings I can do though.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Yay, thanks Tamara! Any progress is better than none.
    Wendy

Images
    Well, better late than never, I suppose. I did manage to work on Midnight Moon during last weekend's SAL and I did make progress, but I was never able to get Night Cafe out. Several things ganged up on me to cause that. First, I decided I wanted to work a bit deeper into the weekend to try and get the moon finished. I would have accomplished that, but Saturday we were gone all day on a shopping trip and on Sunday, I started having trouble with my right eye. It seemed okay on Monday morning so I didn't call the doctor, but by Monday evening I was a mess and finally called the emergency number. Long story short, the post-surgery inflammation has flared up again (the doctor says this happens in about 1 out of every 10 or so patients.) He says there no rhyme or reason why it occurs (he thinks it may be something in the environment, either inside or out, that triggers it but no one has been able to narrow it down to specific cause), and while it's uncomfortable, it won't threaten my sight. So I'm back on the eye drops in the right eye and will be for the next month. The upside is that once it's knocked down this time, it's not known to recur. And my left eye has been fine. So it's a pain in the butt, but other than that, no worries. It does mean that I didn't get as far as I wanted on Midnight Moon and I'm not going to be getting Night Cafe out yet. I'm not going to push things that far. The upside is that he says there no reason to cancel my stitcher's retreat this weekend. So I'll take Midnight Moon and maybe Autumn Garden Labyrinth (which is worked as a 14 count), and probably my needlepoint pieces and switch off on projects.

At any rate, here's my progress on Midnight Moon. I'm now at 4.13% finished with 6,275 stitches complete. I'd last updated on 1/4/18 so that means I completed 1,845 stitches in 21 days. Not too bad considering I didn't stitch all of those days and there was a fair amount of confetti because of the tress. I'm also now at 50 of the 82 colors in play.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-Jan-4.jpg 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	8564 Progress as of 1/4/18 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-Jan-25.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	8565 Progress as of 1/25/18
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 01-25-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Thank you Abi!

Aww, that's too bad about your stitching. I hope you'll be able to get some done here and there. The upside (if there is one) is that you'll be giving your wrists a break that you wouldn't on your own! Is Jane coming for work or an extended visit?
    Wendy I'm in Jane arrives Sunday so I'll have a bit of time to stitch. Jane and her mum are moving back home! Jane's going to find and buy a home here and since it will be a cash purchase it shouldn't take long, she's also binned the Fiance so once again shes free as a bird and just the way she likes it
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure