Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: January Friday - Monday SAL

I am in. I don’t think I will be moving from my chair much the next few days as my on again off again cold is settling into my lungs at last. It is just running me down.

Wendy I love my Mark II. It has already paid for itself with my hours used on it since September. So easy to just sit down, pull it to me and do a few stitches. All my friends that see it are jealous.

Chris all that work will be worth it in the end. You will enjoy the newly done work so much. Don’t let the stress get to you too much.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Oh Tamara, that's too bad. I don't know if it's the same virus that's going around here, but my sister had it for four weeks, was better for two or three weeks and then it cam back again (unless it was a different virus). The cough is wearing her out. I hope you have had the doctor listen to it in case you need antibiotics. Take care of yourself.

I'm so glad to hear that you love your Mark II! They are worth every penny. It's hard to believe that I've had mine for six years already, and I love it more and more each year!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 02-02-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    I'm glad you're enjoying your Mark II, Tamara. I was in the filing cabinet looking for something the other day and came across the original purchase receipt for mine. I can hardly believe it, but I've had that frame for a bit over 16 years! It still looks as good as the day I set it up for the first time. I find that absolutely amazing considering how much I use it. I took it to the needlework retreat last weekend and had so many people commenting on it and asking where I got it. Best investment I ever made. It's a permanent part of my living room furniture so I can do exactly what you commented - just sit down and start stitching when I've got a few minutes. I keep a white flour-sack dishtowel wrapped around the work when I'm not working the design to keep Thunder out of the trailing threads, but other than that it's just sit down, remove the towel and go to work. So much easier than having to drag everything out of a storage place and get set up to stitch.

I plan for today to be a stitching day. I finally got the last of the Christmas decorations packed up last night and all I have left to do is run the big vacuum in the living room (versus turning the Roomba loose - I'll let it do it's thing in the back of the house), run one load of laundry, start the dishwasher, and make a grocery store run. I know other things will come up, but my hope is I can devote some serious time to Autumn Garden today. I'll start the laundry and the dishwasher right away, then sit down and stitch. I'll do the grocery store later this afternoon when I decide I need to get up and move. I do still need to rehang the rest of the artwork on the walls (I got some of it back up last night) and wrap the Christmas pieces for storage in the rack, but I'm saving that for tomorrow when I've got my husband's help.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    I am itching to get back to my stitching but too dusty here at the moment but as soon as dust is a memory I will get my boys out and do some serious stitching xxx pete made sure the new armchair and sofas would accommodate me and my stand in fact it’s the first chair where I had ever been able to sit on and my feet only just reach the floor lol even when I was a child as my dad always said - I have legs all the way up to my armpits lol x

My boys are safely tucked away in my craft room well away from the dust and grime. At least the Knitting etc is easy to pick up and put down and doesn’t take much thought xx

I will be watching all your progresses still though x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Wendy I think that’s what is happening here with these cold germs - wish they would go clear off I have to say xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I'm with you Debbie, on the Mark II! Did you manage to convince anybody to order one at your retreat??

Chris and Tamara, I hope you're both feeling much better! I'm almost as eager for your renovations to be finished as you are, Chris - I want to watch you stitch your boys again!

Here's my progress on David. I see that I made a boo-boo using the wrong colour just to the left of the unstitched part of his face. I don't think I can remove the stitches easily, so I'm going to stitch over the last leg of each one to see if it will cover that much darker colour. Fingers crossed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6294.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	8574 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6303.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	8575
    Wendy

Wendy that is too bad about the boo boo. Hope the simple fix works. He is looking good though.

I had a bit of success with my stuff after I woke up on Saturday. I came home from work on Thursday at lunch because I was sick and went to bed and did not get up for almost 2 days other than when my Dad got me up to eat. It did me good as my cold feels like it is on the run now. Just a few sniffles left and they seem to be getting better and better. I worked on 2 projects this time. I did a bit on my Magic Potion which is insisting on posting sideways for both photos. And I picked up a SAL for Harry Potter classes and managed to do January. Again with the sideways photos. I need to find a way to make the cat's eyes show up better. I am thinking of maybe trying some of my beads I have hanging around from old projects.

Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1486[1].jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	8576 After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1496[1].jpg 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	8577
    Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1490[1].jpg 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	8578 After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1491[1].jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	8579
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thank you Tamara! I haven't tried my fix yet, but I think it will be fine.

Beautiful progress on your potion, and a great start on the next page. Before you know it, you'll be having a row finish - exciting! I love your Harry Potter piece, and I think you have a great idea about the beads! I'm glad to hear that you are finally on the mend.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    I'm with you Debbie, on the Mark II! Did you manage to convince anybody to order one at your retreat??
    I don't know if anyone ordered or not, but I gave three different people the web address and John & Helen's names. I have also been having a running conversation with a woman on one of the FB cross stitching lists about a lap stand. As she's never had a stand before, I think she plans to get a cheap one from Michael's to see how she likes working with one. If she likes it, I think her plan is to then order a Hearthside Craftworks lap stand.

Love the Harry Potter design, Tamara. Professor McGonnegal in cat form is great. And you continue to make good progress on Potion. As for the sideways picture, I seem to remember that there is a rotate option in the edit functions here. If there isn't, you should be able to open the picture on your computer and rotate the image. Just be sure you save it after you're done or it will revert to the original orientation.

I finally managed to dig out my camera this morning and got the progress picture on Autumn Garden Labyrinth. I was at the end of part 2 with two partial designs into Part 3 completed when I started on Friday. When i quit on Monday night I was through Part 4 with some motifs completed into part 5 on both sides of the center, and about two thirds of the way through Part 3 in the middle. I have a row of 8 small medallions right about the leaves to do plus the top of two leaves and an acorn right in the middle to finish part 3. Part 4 will start the actual center of the design. So all in all, fairly good progress. I took this one with me to the Stitcher's Retreat but ended up not working on it much because I didn't carry my lamp and the light wasn't quite good enough for me to see while using eye drops every two hours. Instead, I worked on the needlework piece, Winter Sky. I've got until the end of March to complete this piece through Part 7 so that I'm on track to finish in April. If I continue to make this kind of progress on it, I should get there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-22-17 P2 complete.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	8583 Before Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-8-18.jpg 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	8584 After
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Debbie, what beautiful progress you have made! I love those rich autumn colours. Right now though in all this crappy weather, I'd love to see some spring colours! It must be fun stitching this in installments with other people.
    Wendy