Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extended Year End SAL - Please join in - everyone is welcome!!

Images
    Debby, if you hate winter so much, why oh why are you stitching a winter chart?? It's beautiful, and that new building is growing quickly. I love the look of the branches against the sky. I can remember when all we could see was a small patch of sky, and look how it has grown!

I can totally relate to your weather. It's a bit warmer here today - only a windchill of -29 tonight - pretty bad when that temperature is warmer! And .... the forecast for Thursday is 35 - 45 cm of snow - spring, hurry up and get here!
    Wendy

Lika that is beautiful work. The castle and the dress are coming along nicely.

Sue those seed packets are darling. I am sure you will be finished this one in no time.

Wendy the detail on David must be stunning in person. I can tell some from the photos. This one is going to be so interesting to see it take shape.

Debby I love seeing this one again. it has come along so much since I first saw it.

Gail that is so sad to hear about your Mom. An hour must have felt like an eternity, but thankfully it was not longer. I hope she is feeling better now.

An update from Carmen is that she hopes to start unpacking her craft room in a couple of weeks with the move and new jobs and everything with a new house. She is looking forward to updating us on here again. She sends her hellos to everyone. We are hoping that our friend Trish might join us on here as Carmen got her a GK last fall as a present. She is trying to finish her current project first though.

I hope the cold spells are releasing everyone from their grip. We had about -30C plus windchill for the Christmas break and today for back to school and work it is back to -15C. Yesterday was thankfully not too bad as I had to go out to the shed to see what I had stored for dishes and stuff. My cousin who was just getting set up and settled in a place wit her young girls after getting out of a bad relationship had the heat tape in her rental short out and burn the place down. They made it out safe, but with only their pajamas. So we are trying to get her set up again with stuff including some momentos from our grandparents. I had been saving my stuff for my sister's kids, but this is more pressing.

I had a mostly relaxing break. I got called into work for 2 hours to help our tech people out as they are contracted and needed in the building. I only left the house 3 times in 10 days and it was so needed. Once was to go to my friend's house for our stitch and bitch with skype to another friend. It worked so well it was 5 hours and we only said goodbye as it was getting late. We are planning on more once we can all fit our schedules in. I worked on a small dragon I have at the friend's house and actually did some good to it. For the 2 field days the week before Christmas I did another project in the truck, but forgot to take photos of it. And also of my finished owls before giving most of them away. Getting up at 3 and 4 am to do 13 hours days does make me forgetful though. The rest of the time off I spent organizing my room and working on my Magic Potion. This month is my 1 year anniversary of working on it and I should have 10 pages done in that time as well as all my other work on projects because I am away so often. I am quite happy with that progress. 3 more pages after this until I finish this row.

Dragon Before:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1467[1].jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	8538 After:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1468[1].jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	8539

Potion Before:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1455[1].jpg 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	8540 After:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1470[1].jpg 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8541
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Wendy, I know, it doesn't make any sense, does it? But somehow I'm drawn to winter pictures. As long as I don't have to experience the cold, I do like to look at it. LOL
    Debby

Mireille, this is looking lovely. The contrast between working on the buildings and the human figures must keep things interesting.

Sue, the seed packets look like a lot of fun to do - so much colour and variety. Great work.
    Debby

Wendy, I had to go and find a photo of the David piece. This will be so much fun to watch him "taking shape".
    Debby

Tamara, you got so much done on your Magic Potion. It looks like a huge piece. Great going!

I'm so sorry about your cousin and girls. That's just awful, especially during winter. It's good that you have some stuff you can give them.
    Debby

Images
    Here's my before & after of The Shore of the Turquoise Sea:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAL, Dec. 23, 2017 #3.jpg 
ID:	8542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAL Jan. 2, 2017.JPG 
Size:	910.7 KB 
ID:	8543

Images
    Love seeing all the progress everyone is making! Those seed packet designs always call at me - but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Hmmm - maybe the next sale. Wendy, are you stitching on black fabric? Don't know if my eyes could handle that again. Although - maybe with my awesome new light! Debby, love your winter scene - but I'm happy I don't have to live through winters like that any more. Tamara - my Mom is feeling better every day. But, she's impatient and thinks she should have bounced back by now.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarack29 View Post
    Lika that is beautiful work. The castle and the dress are coming along nicely.

Sue those seed packets are darling. I am sure you will be finished this one in no time.

Wendy the detail on David must be stunning in person. I can tell some from the photos. This one is going to be so interesting to see it take shape.

Debby I love seeing this one again. it has come along so much since I first saw it.

Gail that is so sad to hear about your Mom. An hour must have felt like an eternity, but thankfully it was not longer. I hope she is feeling better now.

An update from Carmen is that she hopes to start unpacking her craft room in a couple of weeks with the move and new jobs and everything with a new house. She is looking forward to updating us on here again. She sends her hellos to everyone. We are hoping that our friend Trish might join us on here as Carmen got her a GK last fall as a present. She is trying to finish her current project first though.

I hope the cold spells are releasing everyone from their grip. We had about -30C plus windchill for the Christmas break and today for back to school and work it is back to -15C. Yesterday was thankfully not too bad as I had to go out to the shed to see what I had stored for dishes and stuff. My cousin who was just getting set up and settled in a place wit her young girls after getting out of a bad relationship had the heat tape in her rental short out and burn the place down. They made it out safe, but with only their pajamas. So we are trying to get her set up again with stuff including some momentos from our grandparents. I had been saving my stuff for my sister's kids, but this is more pressing.

I had a mostly relaxing break. I got called into work for 2 hours to help our tech people out as they are contracted and needed in the building. I only left the house 3 times in 10 days and it was so needed. Once was to go to my friend's house for our stitch and bitch with skype to another friend. It worked so well it was 5 hours and we only said goodbye as it was getting late. We are planning on more once we can all fit our schedules in. I worked on a small dragon I have at the friend's house and actually did some good to it. For the 2 field days the week before Christmas I did another project in the truck, but forgot to take photos of it. And also of my finished owls before giving most of them away. Getting up at 3 and 4 am to do 13 hours days does make me forgetful though. The rest of the time off I spent organizing my room and working on my Magic Potion. This month is my 1 year anniversary of working on it and I should have 10 pages done in that time as well as all my other work on projects because I am away so often. I am quite happy with that progress. 3 more pages after this until I finish this row.

Dragon Before:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1467[1].jpg 
ID:	8538 After:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1468[1].jpg 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	8539

Potion Before:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1455[1].jpg 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	8540 After:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1470[1].jpg 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8541
    Tamara fabulous progress on both your projects xx. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching these grow and will look forward to seeing 2018’s progresses. Xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gail A View Post
    Here's my before & after of The Shore of the Turquoise Sea:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAL, Dec. 23, 2017 #3.jpg 
ID:	8542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAL Jan. 2, 2017.JPG 
Size:	910.7 KB 
ID:	8543
    Good progress Gail xx I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this one grow as I love the turquoise colours and will look forward to seeing 2018’s progresses. Xx

I hope your mum is well on the mend now honey, she sounds a strong person and I know what it’s like to have I dependent mothers xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk