Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Thank you Abi! Our hard drive crashed in September or October and they had to put a new one in, so they installed Windows 10 because the drive was so far gone that they couldn't tell what was on it. When I asked about it, he told me to try it for awhile and if I didn't like it he would change it back to Windows 7. I was slowly getting used it until last night, but I'm going to give him a call today to discuss things.
    Wendy we already had a windows 7 prog that was bought as a just incase we need it purchase, so glad we did as Windows 7 never falters

Debbie it's a great shame that we have lost such a talented designer, my thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time. RIP Martina
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    It's a strange thing Abi - a Windows update automatically installed itself yesterday so I checked my camera's SD card after the install and it's working again! Go figure. The computer is operating faster now, too. I'll continue to try it.

Oohh Debbie, such sad news. The few completed pieces of her work that I've seen were gorgeous. This is a great loss to the stitching world as well as to her family and friends. RIP Martina.
    Wendy

Images
    Good afternoon everyone! This week's SAL will be for GK charts, and I expect to have lots of time to continue on with David. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    good luck everyone I don't know if I will get time but my knitting is less than it was so I may just squeeze some stitching time in but don't hold your breath as you know how life gets in the way sometimes taking the boys to the Boat Museum for the Santa Cruise on Saturday afternoon
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

I will join in with my Magic Potion. Wendy you were right about those being beams. For all that I have done greys so far those are the wooden beams for the most part. There is a bit done on the bricks so far. I am only on my second colour for these 2 pages which is nice as large blocks of one colour stitch up so fast.

Wendy David is so exciting to see. It looks like you are doing the white, almost white, wants to be white, not called white but really is white,... set of colours. Amazing how they can come together to create the texture of a 3D object so well.

Debbie your Midnight Moon sure filled in quick.

Abi Raquette is looking great.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thank you Tamara!

Chris, enjoy the Santa cruise!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks wendy xx will take photos of course xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Good afternoon everyone! This week's SAL will be for GK charts, and I expect to have lots of time to continue on with David. Will anyone be joining in?
    I'm out for this weekend as I'm not quite ready to take on a small count project just yet. I've picked up some 2.5X reading glasses and they are working well. With them I no longer need my magnifier. Woo hoo! I do want to see if I can find a pair in half glasses, as I'm blind as a bat in the current ones if I try to focus on anything but my needlework when I'm wearing them. But I'm still in the mood so I think I'll stick with Midnight Moon for a bit longer. I'll look forward to seeing everyone's progress next week.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarack29 View Post
    Debbie your Midnight Moon sure filled in quick.
    Actually, this one is coming together quickly (at least for now) because there's a very set pattern in the stitching. It has arcing bands of colors around the moon so I'm working it with something of a modified parking method. I work across like normal, but when I start a color, I will work all of that color across until I hit the halo around the moon where the colors shift and downward to a designated stopping point. This for the dark bands around the moon. On the right side, I do the same but I stop when the colors transition from the ones I'm using to the really dark shades. Once those were done, I started on the moon, working those aback and forth across the whole section using the Danish method. As most stitches in those areas are work one, skip one, etc., there no longer jumps to deal with. I'll do one color on the row, then the next and the next until the row is complete, parking the threads in the next row down when I finish with them. I find it faster than true parking, and I'll take anything that will speed up the process because I'm railroading both legs of all of the stitches to ensure optimum coverage. So far, I'm really enjoying this, but we'll see how long it lasts. I have a band of the darker colors on the right to do when I move to the middle of page two and that then transitions into black - lots and lots and lots of black. This pattern called for 11 skeins of black and I believe it!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thanks Wendy, seems like a good weekend to stitch here as we had an inch or 2 of snow last night and during the day it started to melt but now the temps are below freezing and everything's frozen solid, trying to walk outdoors is nearly impossible I also ran out of DMC 3752 and even though I ordered it yesterday I doubt it will come tomorrow, pity nearly all the blends in the sky use 3752!

Have a good weekend everyone and stay warm

Debbie my glasses are small and oval and sit on the end of my nose so I can look over them and watch tv while I stitch. I look a bit geeky but who cares Hoping you manage to find some smaller ones that suit you

Chris enjoy your Santa Cruise

Thank you Tamara looking forward to seeing a bit more of Potion.
    Last edited by Abi; 12-08-2017 at 11:22 PM.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure