Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December Friday - Monday SAL

Oh Chris pain killers are so bad for that. Of course stopping moving also causes constipation as well. Hope that sorts itself out soon.

So looking forward to seeing David as well.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Okay hope this works as I am trying to do it from my phone. Looks like the photos show up in reverse order and the before one is turned 90 degrees. Me and my Magic Potion has a bit of success this weekend. Now for a few days in the bush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E95D14B0-DCB3-434D-9792-D2ECB5677D35.jpg   417A5199-1AC1-4641-B0E3-FA5507300EDE.jpg  
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Oohh, poor Pete - that's just adding insult to injury. I suppose the painkillers are causing the new problem?
    Yep you are right Wendy xx he is taking syrupy stuff to alleviate that now so hoping it will be ok in a day or so x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Well, I didn't get as far as I'd hoped on Midnight Moon, but I did make progress. My husband had the entire week after Thanksgiving off and we spent it getting projects around the house done. The end result is that all of the fall outside work is now complete, including mulching in the new landscaping for winter, getting rid of all of the leaves, rearranging the shed and getting all of the lawn furniture stored for winter, getting the bird feeders up and filled, and best of all, getting our new front door installed! That thing took three days! We've still got some exterior trim work that needs to be completed, but it's turned too cold to get that done, so it will have to wait until spring. We also got a couple of rooms inside rearranged, moved some stereo equipment to the back room, and did a holiday shopping run to Indianapolis one day. But with all of that, I didn't get as much stitching done as I'd like. I did manage to finish the area I'd targeted for the weekend so I'm not complaining. So here is progress on Midnight Moon. The first picture was where I was right before Thanksgiving and the second is where I finished up last night. I've now completed 2,659 of the 152,100 stitches in the project, with 26 of the 82 colors now in use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress 11-21-17.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	8492 Start Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress 12-5-17.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	736.8 KB 
ID:	8493 Finish

I finally put numbers across the top of the fabric to help keep track of where I was and unless I counted the pattern wrong (Kelly of Mystic Stitch doesn't put grid numbers on her patterns), I've got the thing off center (another one, dang it!) It's weird. There's 45 blocks of 10 stitches on the pattern for 450 stitches wide. When I set that up on the fabric, I'm off center. And yet, if you do the math, 450 stitches on an 18 count fabric should make the design 25" wide, but when you measure the 45 blocks of 10, the design measures 46.25". I did check and the fabric is definitely 18 count. I know there's something fundamental I'm missing, but my cats dragged me out of bed to feed them way too early this morning and my brain's not functioning well enough to follow the logic. It's not a tragedy either way. If I really am on center and am just not seeing why, or I'm not. And even if I am off center there's more than enough fabric to complete the piece. The worst that happens is I may need to add fabric on the right side for stretching which is not a big deal. Maybe I should go back to bed . . . but in all likelihood, I'll just get in the shower and then work on the housecleaning. I want to get that done before we start setting up the Christmas tree this evening. So I'd better get to it!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Wow Debbie, you have been busy! Some stitching time sounds like a perfect reward for all the things around the house. Not quite awake myself, to help with the math but can look at it later.. lol. NEED some caffeine.

Here is my progress on Egypt Mandala:

Name:	IMG_1410.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	8494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1413.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	8495

Images
    Tamara nice work, you made good progress and Potions looking great

Debbie you really made a dent on Midnight Moon, nice work

Bobbi your Mandala is stunningly gorgeous, lovely stitching

Here's my bit of progress on Raquette,

Name:	before.JPG 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	8496after Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.JPG 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	8497
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Tamara, you've had lots of success! I do believe that's a new set of beams started and they are already developing nicely. Enjoy your time in the bush!

Debbie, I don't know how you managed to get any stitching done with all the chores you finished, but you have certainly stitched lots on your moon. I love how it is making it's appearance! It's too late tonight for me to figure out the math.

Ob Bobbi, I love these colours so much! I can see why you were drawn to the chart. The blossoms that you have stitched are gorgeous!

Abi, yaay - I can see more green! It must be a relief for you to be stitching more colours. You are doing an amazing job on the sky.

I'm having a problem with my Windows 10 and photos. I took photos last night, but the floor shows through my black fabric and they don't look great. I took more this morning with a black sweater behind the fabric and they are much better, but for some reason they aren't downloading to my computer. A screen showed up that I X'ed out and probably shouldn't have because now nothing is loading. I want my Windows 7 back! Here's one with the floor showing through - first SAL photo of David.

Name:	IMG_6127.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	8498
    Last edited by WendyLee; 12-06-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy Yes its nice to be stitching different colours now. Lovely start on David.

I know how you feel about Windows 10, I tried trashed and binned it in 2 days. I love my Windows 7 as it does everything I need and it's easy to work.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thank you Abi! Our hard drive crashed in September or October and they had to put a new one in, so they installed Windows 10 because the drive was so far gone that they couldn't tell what was on it. When I asked about it, he told me to try it for awhile and if I didn't like it he would change it back to Windows 7. I was slowly getting used it until last night, but I'm going to give him a call today to discuss things.
    Wendy

Images
    Lovely progress everyone! Considering the time of year, I think we're all making remarkable headway.

Got some very sad news yesterday. Martina Rosenburg, the designer behind Chatelaine Designs, died unexpectedly on Monday. She was the designer of Lilac Lights and the Egyptian Mandala that Bobbi is working on. Her death makes me so sad. She was one of those rare craftsman (woman?) that gave you a design that was both a joy to stitch and a challenge that expanded your skills as a stitcher without making it a painful or intimidating experience. So much of what I learned working her patterns I find myself applying to other projects now. Thank you, Martina, for your artistry and vision and may you rest in peace.
    Debbie K. in Illinois