Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Debbie, is sounds like you're on a roll with your Midnight Moon. I look forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks! I'm like Abi, looking geeky with my glasses perched on the end of my nose - but it works just fine.

I hope you received your floss, Abi, otherwise you may not get anything done at all. Stay safe indoors!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy yes the floss arrived I haven't had much time to stitch yet but I will have today (hopefully)
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Great, Abi! You can stitch to your heart's content.

Now we have snow on the ground too, although they are forecasting rain for Wednesday. If it doesn't all melt we're going to have a real mess when it freezes.
    Wendy

Images
    Well we had a bit more snow but then it thawed slightly, it froze again and now we just have a skating rink

Progress on Raquette

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	8509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	8510
    Abi.....

Images
    Beautiful progress Abi, and more greens to stitch! Is this the end of the row for you or is there a partial page to stitch for the row finish? Please be careful outside - I know the skating rink scene very well!

Here's my progress on David. It just looks like a 'white' blob so far, but I can see the detail beginning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6153.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	8516 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6167.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	8517
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy, yes it's the end of the row It's 2c today, raining and very windy

Your David is starting to show the details now, he will be stunning once your a bit further in.
    Abi.....

Images
    Thank you Abi! That's great that you're at the end of your row. I'm going to have to learn how to take proper photos of David so that the detail shows better. The white on black is looking quite stark and washed out in the photos because it's such a contrast. It looks much better in real life.
    Wendy

Images
    Wow, Abi, I can't believe how quickly you're moving on Raquette. This is going to be gorgeous!

And David is looking great, Wendy. For better contrast you might try cutting back on the light a little bit, either by cutting the amount of ambient light when you take the picture, or stopping your camera down just a bit. You could also take the picture as a close up of the stitching only, eliminating as much of the background fabric as you can. I think the contrast between the black fabric and the pale shades on it is fooling the camera's light meter. Hopefully, that will get better as you get more stitches in.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thank you Debbie for both the compliment and the suggestions! I'll have to play with it a bit, but as you say it may improve as it grows.
    Wendy

Images
    It's time for our SAL and I'm not sure what to do, so I'm looking for input. Last year we had an extended SAL from Dec. 23 to Jan 2, but the two previous years we had a longer one with an extra week to cover the holiday season. So ... do we want to do our usual GK and non-GK this week and have the extended one from Dec. 22 - Jan 1, or have the extended one starting tomorrow, from Dec. 15 - Jan 1? Unfortunately our numbers seem to be dwindling so this will only affect a few people. I do enjoy the extended ones, other than the fact that the forum becomes so quiet.
    Wendy