Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Here's my progress on Midnight Moon by Mystic Stitch. It's worked on 18 count aida using Easy Count fabric by Zweigart. As of last night I had completed 1,795 of the 152,100 stitches, The design has 82 colors (all solids - this design uses no blended colors) of which 22 are now in use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4241.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	8476
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Debbie and Wendy that is great progress.

Here is my update. So here is the current status of my Magic Potion.
    First the page finish: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1413[1].jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8477
    Next all that is done: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1414[1].jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8478
    Finally what I did this weekend on it: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1419[1].jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1,018.0 KB 
ID:	8479
    And then my little Mill Hill kit I am making for a friend for Christmas that I started on Sunday: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1418[1].jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	8480 It is supposed to be a magnet, but I am going to make it into an ornament instead.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Nice work Wendy and Debbie

Tamara your window and light look brilliant! I love the detail in this pattern and the full pic really shows the detail and how fantastic it all looks

Janes gone we had a great time but now the quiet is lovely!
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Tamara, I can't believe how much you've gotten done on Magic Potion since the last time I saw it! This really is beautiful.

Wendy, who makes Sylive? I'd love to see a picture of the design. I also understand what you mean about not wanting to stitch all of the black. Not only would be it exceedingly boring and hard on the eyes, but you'd never get good even coverage of black over a white background. I am looking forward to watching this one grow. Did Kevin say when you might expect to get your fabric?

And I apologize to everyone else that I haven't been commenting on progress posts. Every day is getting better when it comes to being able to see, but the computer is still something of a challenge at times.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Beautiful work Debbie! I love how the sky is beginning to lighten down into the moon, and we'll soon see the whole thing. You're managing well with your recovering eyes!

Tamara - wow, what progress! It's hard to believe that we saw all of this developing over time, and now seeing the full view puts it all in perspective. This one is stunning with all it's detail.

Debbie, I placed my order on Nov. 15, one week ago today, and Kevin said that he would be shipping it the next day. I have no idea how long it will take to arrive, or if it will be held up in Canadian Customs. I've also ordered some new scroll rods and a crossbar for my Mark II floor stand so that may take another week or so to arrive. I'm hoping that I'll be able to start David before the first of December. Sylvie is an Artecy chart. Here's the link: http://www.artecyshop.com/index.php?...image&pID=3876
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone! This week is our SAL for GK charts. My supplies for my new start haven't arrived yet so I won't be taking part, but I'll be here on the sidelines cheering you all on! Will anyone be participating?
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Debbie, I placed my order on Nov. 15, one week ago today, and Kevin said that he would be shipping it the next day. I have no idea how long it will take to arrive, or if it will be held up in Canadian Customs.
    If you paid via Pay Pal you should get a shipping notice that includes a tracking number. If you don't get one within a week, start bugging them. I love the fabrics this shop provides, but I have to admit that the complaints they receive about poor customer service are fairly earned. They used to be much better but have been getting worse in recent years. I tend to always pay via Pay Pal because if you pay directly with a credit card you don't get shipping notices at all. Also, they don't notify of delays, and they don't always do what they say they will when they say they will do it. If you didn't use Pay Pal, I'd give them a week to 10 days and then send Kevin a note asking for a tracking number on the shipment. You can tell him that you haven't received it, and are afraid it's stuck in customs and you need to the tracking number to trace it.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I won't be participating this week either, since I'm sticking with Midnight Moon for a while. But I'll be checking for posts and looking forward to progress pictures!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thanks for this info, Debbie! I paid by credit card, probably because I was speaking with him directly rather than ordering it online. Perhaps I'll give him a call tomorrow to confirm that it was shipped and ask for that all important tracking number. It is costing almost $20 US to ship, so he must have a number!
    Wendy

Images
    Great news - my fabric just arrived! Now I just need my new scroll rods and I can start my David.
    Wendy