Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

Images

November Friday - Monday SAL

Good morning all! This week is our SAL for GK projects. I received my new chart from Marcus this morning, so I'll be spending time kitting it up, and hopefully my cross stitch shop has the fabric I need in stock, otherwise I'll have to wait until they can get it in for me. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    My new chart has 80 pages, although many of them are blank. Peter tells me that I can participate in the SAL after all - my progress will be on the blank pages!!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy I'm in.

I do hope the shop has your fabric in stock but if they dont Peter is right and blank pages grow so quickly
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Hahaha Abi!

I'm a bit worried. I had planned to stitch on black Davosa, and now looking at websites, I can't see black anywhere. I'll go back to the shop today when the owner is in to see what she can tell me. I hope I can get something in an 18 count in black other than Aida.
    Wendy

Wendy, what is your new project?

If they don't have the 18 count Davosa, perhaps they would have an evenweave of some sort in 36 count - then you could stitch over 2 I must admit I do enjoy stitching over 2 on my Chatelaine project. My other project is over 1 on 25 count - it is a HAED pattern and that is what was recommended. it is sooo tight and ends up looking almost like needlepoint. Anyway, I hope you are able to find the perfect fabric for your project!

As soon as I finish my HAED pattern, I will start a GK one so I am able to participate in all the SALs again. Happy Stitching to all!!

Images
    It is a sculpture of David sculpted by Bernini in the 1600's. I've seen it a few times in the Borghese Gallery in Rome and fell in love with it. Here's a link to the photo that Marcus has converted into a chart for me, and it will be in the GK store eventually.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/20/3a/ec/2...989aafb9b1.jpg

I'm just leaving for the shop now to see what I can learn. I can understand how tight yours would be on 25 count. My first GK was on 20 count and I found it quite tight, so 25 would be tighter!
    Wendy

Images
    That's a very beautiful sculpture, Wendy. How many colours are there in the pattern? It will be an interesting pattern to stitch. I'm looking forward to your updates.
    Stitching on black fabric is going to be a challenge also. Didn't you do that once before with Girl with an Pearl Earring?
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

I am in for today and tomorrow. The past few days have been a mess of changing schedules for work. I went to Fort Nelson on Wednesday and was supposed to stay until Tuesday with doing aerial photos Sunday and Monday. Then the weather suddenly got bad so I came home. I go out to camp on Monday-Tuesday to learn how to do logging audits now. And wait out the bad weather up north so I can go back for photos. And I will be helping our timber crew with paperwork this winter as well. Here my supervisor and I were worried about lay offs and now I will be busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Wendy that will be a gorgeous cross stitch! I can’t wait to see it take shape. I sure hope the shop has what you need!
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Thank you Mireille and Tamara! There are 43 solid and 65 blended colours - not very many, but the colour range is amazing for a 'white' statue. I think I'm going to be in difficulty with the fabric. Yes Mireille, I stitched my Girl on black and didn't mind it at all, but my eyes are almost ten years older now! There doesn't seem to be any black Davosa, my favourite fabric. She couldn't really see any black fabric at all in 18 count, except Aida, which I don't like. The background won't be stitched, so I won't like to have that fabric showing. I could also go to a 36 count linen but I'm not sure how I'd like that. I'm going back tomorrow to see what other colours may be available that would look okay - possibly a navy blue or dark charcoal grey. I hadn't considered the fabric situation at all - I naively thought I could just order whatever I wanted.

Do any of you think that I could buy white Davosa and dye it black, or is that just asking for trouble later?

It sounds like you're going to be all over the place, Tamara, and you know there will be no need to be laid off - wonderful news. I hadn't heard that expression before - love it!!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 11-12-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    That's a lot of colours in a 'white' statue, Wendy. I'm amazed.
    In the Netherlands there is only black fabric in adia. I wouldn't dye it black if I were you. I'm afraid when you will wash is at the end, that black paint will cause problems to your DMC. We don't want that to happen. Have you looked on the internet for black Davosa or similar of Davosa? Going for another colour could be the solution. Navy blue of dark charcoal both sounds fine. Good luck with finding a fabric you're happy with.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.