Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Another update - just got an email saying that my scroll rods have been shipped - woohoo!
    Wendy

Images
    I'm in Wendy it's great that your fabric arrived! Roll on the rods arriving soon
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thanks Abi! The tracking notice doesn't give an estimated arrival date yet, but it should be updated sometime today and I'll find out.

I hope someone else joins in this SAL with you, otherwise we'll have to change the name to Stitch-Alone!! I'll be with you next time!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 11-24-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Great news - my fabric just arrived! Now I just need my new scroll rods and I can start my David.
    That's great news! Did you purchase just what you needed or did you by yardage? With this company I tend to purchase by the yard simply to have the extra in house. At least your scroll rods won't have to cross an international border.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I didn't think to ask if I could just buy what I needed. I was so thrilled to find some that I just ordered what was showing online, assuming that I couldn't ask for specific dimensions. Yes, it will be nice to have extra here, but this one is so large that it may see me out!!
    Wendy

I will join in with my Magic Potion. I may put some time in on my beaded ornament first to get it done though.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Oh, Wendy I am so glad your fabric arrived. I would have felt absolutely terrible if it had not. Gosh, I am feeling lucky since I don't recall having a shipping delay on anything of mine. However, it has been over a year since i ordered from them. On that note, I see that they are having a sale right now for the US Thanksgiving. The sale is 25% off thru 11/27. Of course, it is a week after your order Wendy But, nonetheless, a good time to stock up for upcoming projects. I think I will take a look at what I will need for my next project - which will be a couple months down the road but it may be a good idea to order stuff now.

I will be stitching on my HAED this weekend. Will be happy to post an update even though it is not GK. Every time I stitch on it, I wish it was a GK pattern since I think it would look much better. GK patterns are the BEST.

Images
    What bad timing I had, Bobbi! If it had been one week later I would have gotten the sale price. Oh well, no worries - I have it and that is what matters. Yes, you should get yours now.

I received info from Canada Post about my scroll rods and crossbar. Expected delivery date is Dec. 4, but I'm really hoping the package arrives earlier.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bschoenwald View Post
    I will be stitching on my HAED this weekend. Will be happy to post an update even though it is not GK. Every time I stitch on it, I wish it was a GK pattern since I think it would look much better. GK patterns are the BEST.
    No question of that. No one does pattern conversions like Golden Kite. I'll be glad when I can work on one of mine again.

As for Needleworker's Delight/Silkweavwers, Wendy, I don't think they do cut to size. I was just wondering if you bought only what you needed or bought extra. As hard as the black Davosa was to find, if it had been me, I would have purchased more than I needed in case next time, it wasn't available at all! The last time I ordered from them I was buying an overdye for Spooky House. I contacted them and asked them about availability before I ordered it. They told me they had it and would ship it before the end of the week. It took a month to get and I never did get a clear answer on what caused the delay. I also had some afghan fabrics that I waited almost 9 months for. But to be fair, I knew before I ever ordered them that they were special, one-time weaves from the mill. They were to be run in early summer, but ended up being delayed on the mill end because they had to be worked in around the regular weaving schedule. Small runs of fabric have to be worked into the schedule where the timing will fit. The only reason I found this out was because I kept asking them about the status of the order. One of the cuts of fabric was for a gift that ended up not being done because I couldn't get the fabric. Oh well, live and learn.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I agree whole-heartedly about our wonderful GK charts - there's nothing like them!

Debbie, you must have been pulling your hair out in frustration just waiting for that fabric. I can understand about the small runs of fabric, but when you want to start a project, you want to start!
    Wendy