Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: November Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Yes Mireille, that is exactly what I am worried about. I don't want to spend all that time stitching him and have the dye run all over him when he is washed, so I'd better not try it.

I've been looking online, and there is a really good cross stitch shop in my city, so they are checking for me too.
    Wendy

Hi everyone. Not much progress this week but plugging away slowly
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4A3955E-0E35-480C-9FE9-55C1369F88A3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	548.7 KB 
ID:	8463
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	425F92E7-D39B-4076-9A69-47F6031D2A0A.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	8464

Images
    Oh Sherry, I'd say that is wonderful progress! His face is almost finished, and what a handsome face it is - great job!
    Wendy

Images
    Sherry, that looks amazing.
    Wendy, have you thought about stitching the background black? Or is that out of the question? You could even skip the black fabric and go for a lighter colour fabric in that case. I also found an Evenweave black fabric in 20 count. Or are that to tiny cross stitches, 8 per centimetre?
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Sorry, Wendy, that doesn't help you a bit 20 count Evenweave. You will end up with 4 cross stitch p. cm.
    Mireille

Images
    No Mireille, that would be too much stitching - that's why I wanted to stitch it on black. What was the name of the 20 count Evenweave you found? My Girl with a Pearl Earring was on 20 count, 2 over 1. I found it tight, but that would be much better than stitching the black.
    Wendy

http://www.needleworkersdelight.com/...veFabrics.html

This website says they have 18 count Davosa in black.

The Bernini statue is exquisite! Oh wow. How I would love to see it in person.

Images
    Oohh Bobbi, you are an angel - thank you so much for this link! I couldn't find black anywhere I looked. I'll have to telephone them tomorrow because I need 39" x 59". I suppose I'll have to buy two yards of fabric, but I have to make sure they know to keep it all in one piece. That's a small price to pay to have what I want. I'll take this website to my cross stitch shop so that they know it exists somewhere and perhaps they can find it from another one of their suppliers, but it is such a relief to know that I can get it! I'll let you know what I learn.

This statue is amazing in person. We had never heard of Bernini before, and our tour guide took us through the Borghese Gallery. What a delight all the Bernini sculptures were - Apollo and Daphne, the Rape of Persephone and David were my favourites but there were more. In the statue of Persephone, his fingers are digging into her thigh and it is hard to believe that it is marble - it looks just like flesh. What a master he was! I was in Italy with my two sisters a few years later, and one of the things they wanted to see was Michelangelo's David in Florence. We were in Rome first and when they saw this one they said there was no need to see the other.

If you get a chance, google the first two sculptures and the mythology behind them to put them into perspective. Everyone already knows the David and Goliath story.
    Wendy

Yay! So glad to help By the way, I have purchased from them and had no issues whatsoever.

Bernini is my favorite sculptor. His faces are so amazing and lifelike. It is incredible when you consider that he worked with hard stone. Not clay. No "do-over" if a mistake was made. Of course, I have just seen photographs and not the real deal. Sometimes, when you see something in person it is a different experience than a photo. But, I just can't imagine being disappointed with a Bernini.

Images
    Wendy, I read that Bobbi had the answer to all our fabric-problems. I'm going to look there also for myself. So, thanks, Bobbi. The name of my fabric, althought you don't need it anymore, is Ubelhor. Good luck with purchasing from the company Bobby mentioned. I'm glad you can stitch your fabric now on the fabric you like.
    Mireille