Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: October Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Good morning everyone! Wow it's so quiet here this week. Our SAL for this week will be for GK charts, and I plan to continue on with Lesbia - the finish is closing in! Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy. I'm in with Raquette, hoping the weekend is quieter than the last one Enjoy your last page on Lesbia
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    Morning all x sorry I am missing in action but we have been super busy here getting everything sorted ready for new extension for kitchen/living area -hasn’t started yet and I wNt it to be finished lol xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Hah, I remember what that was like, Chris! When does that work start?

Is Tropical Storm Ophelia going to affect your region? I saw one report that showed from Cornwall to Edinburgh being affected in addition to most of Ireland, but the track of the storm can change greatly.
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy they forecast winds of up to 80mph, it's quite blustery now and getting stronger by the minute
    Abi.....

Abi those are quite the winds! Stay safe.

Well I was in such a state of flux with work and stuff I had no idea what was happening until I actually ended up in camp on Friday. Then it was a question of how long I would be there this time. I got called home last night as we have some kind of special announcement meeting later today that involves a rented banquet room at a nice hotel with drinks and appies. But no clue as to why. Thinking it is happier than the impression I got last week when the one project manager mentioned it to me with a face that looked like he had drank a glass of lemonade while telling me "it is not for unhappy reasons". I sure did not believe him until I got a more detailed email this weekend, just no clue what is going on other than there is a change going on. That is why that PM looked like that and he does not deal with big changes well sometimes.

Wendy my camp work is generally May to August and then home the rest of the year. Maybe a couple days here and there to go somewhere, but not always and not a lot. And usually those are hotels. A lot of that time is in Fort Nelson. I am hoping to find out this week what plans for the winter so far for me are. Unless we get a bunch of mapping work I am going to volunteer to go to camp and do what work I can because I would rather work than be laid off. My supervisor has been working not even full time while I have been away doing this beetle work. And I have been working 12 on and 2 off, 13 on and 2 off, 4 on 1 off (in camp as we could not fly), and now looks like 6 on and 2 off as my supervisor is here and this week we will be going over some of our processes to get them tighter while it is slow.

Anyway I am home and tonight I may be able to work on Magic Potion. Maybe. LOL
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Blog Entries
    Images
    Morning, we had stronger winds than normal here but everything is still in place thankfully and we didn’t get it like some of the country xx Abi I imagine you got it much worse than we did and I hope all is okay for you xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Not a great amount of stitching done but I did manage to finish page 3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bef.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	8396afterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	aft.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	8397

Well the wind wasn't as bad as I expected and the only damage was a couple of broken pots in the garden and upturned bins, we were very lucky

Tamara hoping things turn out the way you want them with your job
    Abi.....

Images
    I hope it all works out, Tamara! I misread your post at first and thought you said drinks and apples - what an odd combination! Then I read it correctly, haha!

Chris and Abi, I'm glad the storm didn't affect you too badly. I hope Ireland is faring the same as you are.

Congratulations on finishing another page, Abi! Your sky is progressing beautifully.

I'm going to try posting my photos. Our hard drive crashed and we had to get a new one. The repair shop installed Windows 10 instead of the Windows 7 that I've used for years. Some things seem to be working the same, but there are differences that I don't like. We'll see how I like this one - fingers crossed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6072.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	8398 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6079.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	8399

Well, I guess it worked - whew!
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy.

Your so close to finishing her! Lovely work I hope you didn't lose any important things when your hard drive crashed and that you soon get used to windows 10.
    Abi.....