Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Thank you for the welcome back, Abi!

Debby
    Debby

Here's progress on Winter. Not much, but then I stitch SO slowly. I managed to almost finish the roof, and a chimney has appeared! I'm enjoying the rusty colour too. Such a nice change from all the drab. Sorry for the different lighting. The first one was taken at the cottage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020764.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	8353 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020790.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	8354
    Debby

Images
    My progress on Raquette,

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	8355afterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	gggg.JPG 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	8356

Debby it's looking lovely, the detail in this is gorgeous

Sherry any progress is good and he's looking really great
    Last edited by Abi; 10-03-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Beautiful progress ladies! I'm on the run and will make more comments later, as well as post my photos.
    Wendy

Images
    My progress at the end of the extended SAL. I'm pretty pleased. I got a lot further than I had expected I would. First is Autumn Garden Labyrinth, which I finished on Tuesday. Then Merry Xmas, which I dug out of storage and started again on Wednesday.

Name:	2017-08-24 Progress.jpg 
Size:	880.4 KB 
ID:	8357 At the start of the weekend Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress 9-27-17.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	8358 At the end of the first band Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merry Xmas 6-21-16 Full size.jpg 
Size:	883.9 KB 
ID:	8359 Starting point Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress Closeup 10-3-17.jpg 
Size:	943.6 KB 
ID:	8360 And where I finished up yesterday evening

I was surprised to find that I hadn't worked on Merry Xmas since June 21st of last year! But when I got thinking about it, that would be about right since I started Lilac Lights in July. I've got 5,749 of the 16,830 stitches completed, making it a little over 34% complete. I have 123 stitches left to finish to have the first three pages done. I'm working this on 25 count Colmar fabric 1 over 1. While I'm pleased enough with it, I probably won't use this fabric again. I can't seen to hit a happy medium with it. It tends to look crowded when worked 2 over 1 (I'm doing that on another design), and yet the coverage isn't all I like for a 1 over 1, particularly when it comes to the darker colors. <shrugs> Because most of this design is done in light colors, it is working well enough, but I'm glad this isn't a large piece. If it was, I'd probably be looking to start it over on different fabric. Once I finish page 2, I'll move back to Autumn Garden Labyrinth since I got the next part of that pattern on Saturday. I'm trying very hard to keep current on this one and want to have the next segment of the design completed before 11/1 when the next part is released. So decent progress on both designs.

Debby, I really do like Winter and I can definitely see your progress. It must be fun to get out of the sky and trees and into some of the buildings.

And Abi, Raquette Lake is looking great. Does the stag start showing up in the next row of pages down, or do you have another full page row of sky?
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    You have all made wonderful progress girls xx needless to say am still in grandma mode but hopefully I will soon be back to stitching, I have nearly caught up with all the baby and the boys stuff xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Sherry, I think you made great progress - lots more background done. I am eagerly anticipating more of his face!

Debby, your Winter is lovely! Now that you've stitched that reddish bit at the right of the cabin, the roof has really taken shape.

Abi, you've made wonderful progress on your sky and the tip of the other antler! I love how the antlers will be showing up so beautifully against the sky.

Debbie, your Autumn is growing beautifully and I love the colours. That's quite an interesting concept - the pattern released in stages. But ... I absolutely love your Merry Xmas - it's such a happy-looking piece! To me, the coverage looks perfect.

Here's my Lesbia. I made a valiant effort to finish the page, but I still have about 50 stitches left.

Name:	Lesbia 001.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	8367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 001.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	8368
    Wendy

Images
    Debbie beautiful work! Merry Christmas is lovely and makes me smile The Stags head is on the 2nd row of pages.

Thanks Chris, enjoy the baby knits while she's still small

Thanks Wendy, almost every stitch is a different colour in the antlers Lovely Lesbia will soon be finished now, bet you cant wait to unroll her for the final time
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thank you Abi! Yes, my fingers are just itching to unroll her. I finished the page last night!

Ohh, I'm sorry for your confetti. We all know that it's a pain to stitch, but with great results. I hope their bodies aren't the same.
    Wendy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by merrick10uk View Post
    You are doing a fab job as tour guides girls xxx I still have a drive through USA on my holiday list and you both are making it so inviting xx I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon xx
    Other than for two trips to Canada, both of which were absolutely wonderful, I've never been out of the US. In spite of there being so much I'd like to see in other parts of the world, I can't regret that. The US has so much to offer in the way of interesting places to go and for all that we've been traveling annually for close to 30 years, we've barely scratched the surface of all there is to see. When we travel, we don't fly (with the exception of Hawai'i.) Neither of us are afraid to fly, but when you fly you miss so much. I'd rather travel by car and see what's in between home and our final destination. We usually have a specific destination at the far end of the travel loop and 9 times out of 10, it's an Indy Car or Formula One race. Motor racing is my husband's passion and it's rare that a trip doesn't include at least one race. He's been to over 120 races and I've been to over 100. We usually get in at least 2-4 of them a year. So we know where we need to be on a given date. We'll drive between 250-500 mile per day, but the specific route is selected over breakfast that morning and is usually based on what there is to see in that day's drive distance. The longer drive distances (500 miles or so) are generally reserved for those areas where there isn't much to see (like the open desert in Nevada, for example.) Unless we are trying to make time, we usually stick to 2-lane roads rather than interstates, and if we spot a sign that looks interesting, we take the side trip to go see it. Waterfalls tend to lure me while Chuck is drawn by historical sites. And neither of us can resist a national park or monument. So we've seen a lot of this country in the 30 some odd years we've been traveling together and we hope to see a lot more of it before we're done!
    Debbie K. in Illinois