Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Debbie I have not seen much of the uk which is what we intend to do when we can't travel quite so much. We will hopefully be able to continue to go to Canada to see Liam and Kara but our trips abroad to other holidays will eventually be curtailed so I am looking forward to travelling our own country as I know we have beautiful places to visit here x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I would much rather visit your country than mine, Chris! You have much more history and culture.
    Wendy

You all did wonderful work!

Sherry Maharaja is absolutely gorgeous. Love the eyebrows that have appeared.

Debby that rusty colour is a nice pop from the rest of it.

Abi Raquette is coming along so fast.

Debbie I think Merry Christmas is so pretty. Autumn Garden Laybrynth is gorgeous.

Wendy Lesbie is coming along nicely. So close to being done!

My trips have only been in Canada and into the Western US. I drove to my Uncle's in Alaska last year which was pretty cool. It was the first time I was in the Yukon as well. It was mostly driving for 2 weeks with one day in Dawson City and then 3 days at my Uncle's near Anchorage. It took us 5 solid days of driving to get there and then coming back following my Uncle in his motorhome it was 6 for me and 7 for them. I took off and came all the way from Fort Nelson in one day, but the motorhome with the bad roads had to take 2. For Canada I am ashamed to say I have only seen BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, the Yukon, and drove a couple of kilometers into NWT when I worked near the border one day north of Fort Nelson. I want to travel more and am saving some money for when I can go somewhere else. Not sure where yet. I like to drive and see everything, stop where I want. I did fly to the Grand Canyon as I just could not take enough time off to drive there and back along with having a good visit. It is 27 hours of driving time to get there from here according to Google.

Sorry for taking so long to get these up. Camp's internet went bad and I had to wait until I got back to civilization to post.

My owls got quite a bit farther. Sorry about the light, but that was as good as it got there. It is hard to tell, but the blue owl has white wings done as well. I am waiting to do all the backstitching at once.

Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1353.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	832.3 KB 
ID:	8376 After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1372.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	8379

Then my magic potion. I did manage to do a bit while I was home last time. Filled it in some more. Not sure why that one photo insists on being sideways though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1366.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	8380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1368.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8378
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Tamara thank you I'm loving your little owls, potion is filling in nicely
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Tamara,

The owls are adorable! And you've made terrific progress on Magic Potion. What count are you working it on?

I'm envious of your trip to Alaska. Of the 50 states in the US, I've only got 2 I've never visited - Alaska and Florida. And Alaska is top on my list. My husband keeps saying that it is the first trip he wants to take once he retires. We've never been motor home people, but we're starting to think about it. He wants to travel more once he retires and we have 3 cats. We can't just take off for large blocks of time and leave them behind with a cat sitter. The two weeks we'll be gone in April is bad enough, but going for longer periods of time simply wouldn't work, even if we could managed to find a sitter. And I simply won't board them for that long. They get too stressed. Our eldest, Zora, is 15 years old. She'll be almost 18 by the time Chuck retires and I'll be surprised if she's with us that long. It's unlikely she'd take to life on the road. She gets upset with any change in her environment at all. When we had carpet installed in our house, she got so stressed she groomed her belly and legs absolutely bare! Plus, she tends to quit eating, which is not a good thing in a cat that small. But the two Maine Coons will travel just fine. Both are curious and friendly and don't seem to mind new experiences. If we do go with a motor home, they'd adjust to that as their space pretty quickly.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thank you Tamara. Your little owls are adorable, and each one seems to have a different eye expression! Did you say that these are to be Christmas ornaments or am I remembering incorrectly? You've managed to fill in loads of background on Potion - great progress!

I'm travelling North America vicariously through both of you, Debbie and Tamara! Peter would have loved to travel like that a few years ago, but I'm bored silly in long car trips and I can't do anything but look out the window or I'll get carsick.
    Wendy

Images
    What's that saying? Better late than never? Well, I intended to take part in this Extended SAL, and had taken my before photo. When it came time to post my progress, I thought I had forgotten to take my after photo. What happened was I had taken my after photo the same day I took photos of my project for a weekly card challenge I do. And I forgot to separate my GK photos from my Stampin' Up photos. So, while I was going through all my challenge photos and trying to organize them, I came across my SAL after photos. So, after all that, here are my before and afters:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAL Fri. Sept. 22.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	984.3 KB 
ID:	8394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAL Oct. 4.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	709.3 KB 
ID:	8395

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    I would much rather visit your country than mine, Chris! You have much more history and culture.
    We do Wendy but your wild life is so much better xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I'm glad you found them, Gail! I love how that big green wave is developing, and I really love all the beautiful detail in the rock face! Is that a fish that I see jumping?

Chris, I'm so used to the wildlife that I take it for granted, and some of it is a real nuisance!
    Wendy

Images
    Gail nice work! It looks gorgeous with all those lovely colours
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure