Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Images
    Thanks all for the comments on the Nordic Needle feature. They told me some time ago I'd been selected to be featured, but as they are closing I began to wonder if it would ever run. I think of it as a salute to my grandmother. If she hadn't taught me to stitch, I'm not sure where I would be today. It's kept me sane through both the good times and bad. I sometimes think it's one of the reasons I always have so many things in process. There were times in my life that I was so broke it was a choice between eating or stitching materials (stitching materials often won.) I think there is some part of my mind that keeps saying to me, "You have the money to get this now, so do it, in case you don't have it later!" I know that's silly, but what can I say?

I've used 22 count on fully covered pieces and have liked it, but do use 2 strands to ensure coverage. I won't work one strand on anything larger than a 25 count because I don't like the coverage. I've never used Davosa, although being 100% cotton, I'm sure I'd like it. I just don't like synthetic blends for fully covered pieces. They're too prone to stretching. I do have to say, I like these pre-gridded fabrics, even if they are a bit stiff. I wouldn't want to use them with a hoop or snap frame, but putting them on a scroll frame is fine. Solara Gallery used to make a 22 count pre-gridded fabric that was soft, but it was gridded to work over 2 (11 count - really???). It's okay and it's what I'm working Yosemite Valley on, but I did run the extra line of gridding with thread simply to help keep track of stitch placement.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Wendy my fabric is actually hardanger fabric that my Aunt gave me. It was all she had left from her store she had in white that was that big. And it is large enough I could do this project several times over so I will probably be using it for a while. I also got all of her remaining linen as well. Most of that is mall pieces that were meant for small hardanger doilies.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett