Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: September Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Tamara thank you Your making good progress on Potion, it looks great.

Debbie Lilac Lights is a credit to you, gorgeous!

Angela great work, your steaming ahead
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post

Abi, what lovely detail is in your sky, especially the new part that you've stitched with the blues appearing! This sky is much nicer than on Monarch. Are you enjoying it more than Monarch?
    Wendy thanks I'm really enjoying stitching it, GK will always be my favourite patterns, the symbols are familiar and the blue in the sky is lovely with no Lilac I do have lots of ( ) symbols all mixed together which I'm finding hard as they all look the same to me
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Yup, I understand that one completely, Abi!

Debbie, what a beautiful framing and matting job. I love the colours she has chosen - they show your lovely work to perfection.

Angela, I love watching how you start a page - a few stitches here and there, and gradually filling in until there are only a few empty spots, then bingo, another page finish! Great work!
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone! This weekend is our SAL for both GK and non-GK charts. I'll be continuing on with Lesbia, and hopefully having a page finish. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

I am in with some little cute owl ornaments I found started in my WIP drawers. Perfect for camp life.

Wendy we have about a month of this. It all depends on what we find, weather and if we get a second helicopter next Wednesday. If we don't get the second machine it will take longer. At least this is a true logging camp where they clean your room, make your bed, and feed you far too much food. Our camp I was in this summer is more like a shared student residence in university where you have your room you clean and share kitchens to make your own food.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    This one sounds like it is 'almost' a vacation, Tamara! Enjoy your time away.
    Wendy

Images
    I'm definitely in for this weekend. I'm working on a retirement card for my former boss that I hope to finish today or tomorrow, and then I think I'll go back to the Autumn Sampler SAL and see if I can't finish up the current band before the next one comes out.

I've gotten very little stitching done this week. We are part of an annual neighborhood garage sale tomorrow and I made up my mind I was going to clean out my needlework stuff and add it to the sale. I've spent the last three days sorting, organizing, and redoing my storage systems. This was a major league overhaul. Several weeks ago I purchased 6 plastic, wall-mountable storage drawer sets that can be used for floss and small tools. Four of them had 64 small drawers each, one had 32 small drawers and 24 larger ones, and the last one had 24 large drawers. I've finally got everything sorted, stored in them and all of the drawers labeled (what a chore that turned out to be!) The small drawers were used for DMC floss and the larger drawers for things like balls of perle cotton, spools of specialty thread like Kreinik and Sulky, a few of the heavier fibers like Caron Watercolours that are used for needlepoint, and an assortment of tools and small miscellaneous finishing items. They still need to be hung and I have three sets of floss from finished projects that need to get put back into storage and then I'm done! I hope to convince my husband to hang the boxes on Sunday, but we'll see. It turns out I didn't purge much. This is the third time I've done this so there wasn't much left that I was willing to get rid of. Some small kits, some iron-on transfers for free hand embroidery on dish towels and the like, some old storage boxes, etc. But anything that goes is one less thing in my house! I'm going to get that floss put away and then I'm going to stitch. Woo hoo!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    I can sympathise, Debbie. I have loads of stitching supplies, but it would be so difficult to part with it - even if I won't use it I'll worry that I may need it again! All the sorting work that you did took more time than kitting up a GK chart!
    Wendy

Images
    Yes, but you know, it's been more than worth the effort. Now I can readily lay my hands on things when I want them. It's also allowed me to see where my floss stash needs to be supplemented and I have a list of colors I need to purchase. I'm going to do that a little at a time, taking advantage of Joann coupons and sales to minimize costs. The goal is to have a complete set of DMC floss in the house again. Of course, between the garage sale, dinner with friends last night, and other routine projects, I've yet to be able to sit down and stitch, but that's for today and tomorrow!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Hi everyone! I don't know what happened last week, my photos just refused to upload so here's hoping for better this week because pages 3 and 4 are done! So the whole top row is complete and makes 6 complete pages over all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5334.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	721.4 KB 
ID:	8332

Name:	IMG_5505.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	604.0 KB 
ID:	8333

Name:	IMG_5507.jpg