Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: September Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Chris Debbie and Tamara thank you

Debbie your working on some lovely projects especially Shore Patrol , nice work

Tamara nice work, loving the detail in Potion
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    You're doing some beautiful work, Debbie - it must be like child's play after your Lilac Lights! What a shame that the kit didn't provide enough floss. I did one kit and had that problem. I had to re-order right from the company about four different times, so no more kits for me! This was all pre-GK though, no more need to buy kits. Are you liking the Solaria fabric, and is it stiff like Aida?

Tamara, thanks so much for your full photo! We've seen such dark colours for weeks and weeks, and I had forgotten how much you had already done! You are going to love your yard when it's finished. Have you got your room organised around your Mark II to your liking, and are you in love with it yet?
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone! This weekend is our SAL for GK charts. Peter is away fishing so I'll have lots of time to stitch on Lesbia. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy, I'm in with Raquette Lake Enjoy your quiet time
    Abi.....

I am in with Magic Potion. I should be able to work on it until Sunday night, but I think I am heading to Mackenzie on Monday to start my new project for work. I am excited for this one as I love learning new things, especially when it means being in helicopters all day.

Wendy thank you for the compliment on the photo. I thought it was a good time to show the whole bit. When you step back from it and look you can really see the picture coming out, but up close it is harder to see. There are 6 pages done and I am working on 7 and 8 now. The Mark II has at least found its home for now. I think it will change a bit more later in the fall / early winter yet once I am home from camp again and the yard work is done for the year.

I took a photo of our yard as of this morning and it is such a change from 2 weeks ago when we had big piles of dirt and ankle breaking ground out front with an old sewer tank in the middle that had to be dug out. We got the big part done with the machines yesterday and have a front lawn area now. Now for our work to begin with marking out garden vs lawn and getting it ready to plant grass seed. And doing some clean up and getting the stair and such safe for winter at least on the decks and getting on that front one. We are getting the needs done, then picking away at the rest as we can before snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1301[1].jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	574.3 KB 
ID:	8310
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

I'm in! So close to 2 page finishes, which will complete 13% of the pattern :P

Images
    You can have your helicopters, Tamara! I would just die if I had to do that every day. You're so fortunate that you're able to do things in your job that you are excited about - most people don't have that. Your yard looks like it's really coming along. It looks huge! It will be beautiful when it's all grown in.

Yay Sherri, two page finishes!!
    Wendy

Wendy I was lucky in that my Dad worked for the forest service for his career and I saw so many different aspects of forestry through him. I always loved it and was always around helicopters so it was logical to follow along in his footsteps. My parents told everyone they knew I was serious about going into forestry before I started kindergarten. It is just in my blood.

2 pages is wonderful Sherri! I did the math. 6 pages of mine is only 7%. I think this is going to take a while.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Tamara your job sounds wonderful, so exciting and interesting

Well done Sherri
    Abi.....

Images
    What a bond you and your father must have, Tamara!
    Wendy