Size:	942.4 KB 
ID:	8295
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5315.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	733.4 KB 
ID:	8296

Images
    Wow Sherry, you've certainly got loads of background done, but my goodness his turban is beautiful! I love all of the detail that's appearing in it already!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    WOW!! Sherry a turban is nearly completed x you have made fantastic progress xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    My progress,

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	8298after Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	8299

New start on Raquette Lake Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bef.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	8300

Nice work Sherry, it looks great
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Abi, that last little corner on Peonies makes all the difference in the world. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

I love your new start! There's lots of sky coming, but there is detail in it. Already I can see dark and light clouds in the corner that you've started!

There's no point in posting my tiny progress. We only got back Sunday evening and I was busy with golf course stuff last night, so only about one hour of stitching. I'll make up for it this week - Peter is leaving Wednesday for two back-to-back fishing trips and won't be back until Tuesday - so I'll be on vacation!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy thank you The corner is nice the way it gradually gets darker towards the bottom and the sky on Raquette is very detailed with loads of colours so I'm hoping it looks good.

Enjoy your vacation
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    Stunning finish Abi and a beautiful new start xx

Images
    Abi, Peonies is wonderful! You did such a beautiful job. And Racquette Lake is going to be gorgeous.

Sherry, great progress! I know the background is a pain, but the colors are lovely and really does set off the turban. I'm sure it will be stunning when it's complete.

Well, we got back from our trip yesterday. We actually got in earlier than expected (by around 1:00 in the afternoon). We pushed harder than we normally would have, I think, because we ended up having to board our cats while we were gone. Our regular cat sitter was also traveling and we don't have anyone else we trust enough to look after them while we're gone (all of our other friends aren't pet people, and their attitude to household pets (they're just animals, why would you bother?) just makes us uneasy.) So we boarded them with our vet. We were anxious to get home since we knew they wouldn't have been happy there. Right now, we're the most popular people on the face of the planet as far as they are concerned. At any rate, while gone I worked on three different pieces. I finished a small winter piece. I had been wanting some winter-oriented pieces that I could hang at Christmas and then leave up until spring. I started this while I was working on Lilac Lights as a traveling piece. Most of my others were more complex and I wanted something relatively easy. There is a companion piece that I will start before long. I want them framed alike, so I need to finish it before I take both in for framing. I also started work on some Christmas ornaments for my tree. In another moment of clarity, I realized not long ago that for all of the Christmas ornaments I've made over the years, I don't own any for myself. So I'm doing the series of Chalkboard Ornaments from Hands On Designs. These are done on 32 count slate gray fabric so aren't good for the car, but work well enough in the hotel. And finally, I worked on Shore Patrol. This is the one I had purchased as a kit and ended up starting over. I didn't like the coverage on the 14 count aida (although I persevered for a long time), and then about a 1/4 of the way in, ran out of one of the primary shades of orange needed for the foxes. The kit supposedly used DMC floss, but when I tried to match it I found none of the fibers in the actual kit matched actual DMC colors. So I chucked it and have started over using actual DMC floss and 22 count Solara Gallery pre-gridded fabric working 2 over 1. I like it a lot better, although I've still got a long way to go just to get back to where I was when I threw the original away! At any rate, here are the things I worked on over the holiday weekend.

Name:	Winter Watch Finish  Unframed.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	858.6 KB 
ID:	8303 Winter Watch by Leisure Arts Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shore Patrol Pattern Image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	760.3 KB 
ID:	8304 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shore Patrol 2017-9-6.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	783.1 KB 
ID:	8305 Shore Patrol by Elsa Williams Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chalkboard Ornaments Part 3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	573.8 KB 
ID:	8306 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Bells Progress 2017-9-6.jpg 
Size:	676.1 KB 
ID:	8307 Silver Bells by Hands On Designs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter Watch Finish  Unframed.jpg  
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Blog Entries
    Images
    Beautiful work Debbie xx

I usually go round and look after our sons pets - 2 was 3 cats a tortoise and a lizardy thing but we only live 5 minutes away xx

Sherri good work on that background! And that turban is so lovely. Nice to see your progress again.

Abi way to go on the finish! It looks absolutely lovely. Raquette Lake is coming along nicely too. Nice to jump right in on a new start.

Debbie your projects are gorgeous. Love the ornaments. Shore patrol is fantastic. I totally understand about the pets. My Dad and I have 3 cats between us and if we are both away at the same time we luckily have a great neighbour who comes to feed and play with them. And if she can't my sister or best friend will come out. And now my oldest niece is driving so she will come and stay with them and be able to drive to work as we don't have buses in our area of the city. We are well covered.

So my progress for last weekend was nice as I started a whole new set of 2 pages. I started with some of the darker colours as there is a huge chunk of the whites and wanna be whites in this one after all the darks I have done.

Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1297[1].jpg 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	8309 After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1298[1].jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	8308

This weekend looks like it may be the last one for a bit for me on this as I got a call today I will be going to camp next week for 3 weeks work. I will be learning something new and flying in a helicopter to spot spruce beetle sites and GPS them. So I will have to pull one of my travel projects out for camp. I have been eyeing up a Christmas one that is Star Wars Ugly Sweater kind of deal themed for a bit and I think this might be a good time to start it. Dad and I are both huge Star Wars fans and love funny things so this would be a good one to suit us. Not that I think I will get it done for this year, but it would be nice to start it. Another WIP for me. Just what I need.

Today is the biggest work in progress of all. They are back at work in our yard after a broken gas line and machine last week. So far a shed has moved places, an old sewer tank got broken down and is being covered over, a bunch of grading of the yard, our 3 lilacs are in new places, and they are now preparing to move our decks up to the house from where they were stored after they were moved from our old trailer. It is an excellent day for our yard.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett