Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: July Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Chris, it's wonderful to see you back to your stitching! I've missed watching your Boys grow. Now it's full steam ahead! You've made good progress, and I think that's two feet that I see?

Gail, you've made a valiant attempt at a page finish - these last few stitches will be done before you know it. It is looking beautiful, and there's lots of detail in those dark rocks.

Abi, your Peonies is lovely! You're moving along so quickly that you'll be at the end of the row in the blink of an eye! Any idea what's next for you?

Angela, I can't believe your speed! I love all the corners, ledges and decorations on the pillars. There must be loads of confetti, but well worth it.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Tamara I hope all calms for you soon xx when we left Vancouver island a week or so ago there weren't any fires there and I hope it stays that way but it was so hot when we left I would not be surprised if there were some xx just keep safe and I hope Carmen is ok too xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you girls x I am loving my stitching again it feels like it's new lol hot on it this weekend x even did some last night xx

Images
    Good morning all! This weekend is our SAL for both GK and non-GK projects. Peter will be leaving tomorrow for a 10-day fishing trip in Labrador, so I'm on vacation! I hope to get lots done on Lesbia. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

So far we are doing okay up here. Prince George is wetter in general than just to the south of us where the fires are, but we have also had some rain the past few days. This is helping fires not start and the ones that do are not blowing up like that. My cousins' house still stands and from reports of a neighbour that is still down there working on the fires they are doing an amazing job of keeping that fire from crossing the highway into their trailer court. There are sprinklers on their roofs and just amazing lengths being gone to to save that neighbourhood. The other side of the highway was fields and not very populated so losses are minimal overall so far. Sad for the people burnt out still though. It will be another week at least before they are allowed home. We are fine with them at our place and may have some friends of theirs come out to stay in their RV in our yard as well as they got into PG last night and are in a parking lot at a hotel. We need to see how their rig is set up and if it can get up our driveway as it is a bit odd with angles. We have the room in the yard, it is just getting it in there that can be a bit fun.

I am heading back to camp tomorrow or Saturday so I will be in with my non-GK map. I am taking a lap stand back up with me to make it easier to work on
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Blog Entries
    Images
    I Thanks Wendy, I will be in with my boys apart from Saturday as we are out for a belated 40th Wedding Anniversary meal with our friends xx

Sal

I'll happily take part.

Images
    Thank you Wendy for your nice comments on Peonies I'm in with a bit of both I think

Tamara enjoy your time back at the camp and stay safe. Enjoy your stitching on the lap stand
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    I'm in with Lilac Lights!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

I'm in with Winter.
    That said, the weather forecast is for a nice day tomorrow, and we've had so few of them, I might want to get outside....
    Debby