Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: June Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Well, I finally got my act together and got pictures of the work I got done last weekend. Didn't get as far as I'd hoped, but that was because we got our new kitten on Saturday and all free time has been devoted to playing with him! I've added a couple of progress pictures of what I did get done and a picture of Rolling Thunder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL Lower Left Close Up 6-8-17.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	811.8 KB 
ID:	8054Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL Full Design 6-8-17.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	8053Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL Lower Right 6-8-17.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	8055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rolling Thunder Day 2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	546.3 KB 
ID:	8056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rolling Thunder on Pole.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	588.4 KB 
ID:	8057
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thanks Wendy, I'm in with Peonies.

Tamara thank you, really hoping your strays get loving homes

Gail your Turquoise Sea looks great

Angela have a great trip

Debbie your stitching is gorgeous. That's a powerful name for such a sweet little kitty
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Debbie, what a beautiful little kitty you have! Rolling Thunder is a great name for him. Is it a he? He looks like one. Looking at his paws, I think he is going to be huge. Is it a Maine Coon?

Abi, I'm glad you're feeling a lot better.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.

Images
    Debbie, you're making beautiful progress on this beauty! Now, you have to be very careful - you have a strict deadline and you can't let that little cutie interfere with it! I looked up Maine Coon Cat, and it looks like they are giants - wow!

Mireille, you really know your cats! I only know that from her Facebook page.

Have a great road trip Angela!
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks, Wendy. Does Debbie has a Facebook page about Maine Coons? Or did I misunderstood you? Oooh, I really love cats. Two of my cats, brother and sister, are celebrating their birthday today. They are getting 3 years old now. The naughty ones are sleeping at the moment. The other big fellow, Sam, 4 years old, has just walked into my room with those beautiful big bleu eyes of his. When he thinks I want to cuddle him, he makes a run for it. Pucky and Bartje always want to cuddle. So much that I almost trip over them, because they follow me everywhere.
    It has been a while since my last update. Hopefully I can show my progress in about three weeks from now. I want to finish some more.
    We have had some crazy weather. Very hot for a couple of days, cold again, so cold that you have to wear a thick jacket again. After that thunder and really stormy weather and this morning it was raining cats and dogs.
    Mireille

Images
    Mireille, I saw on her Facebook that Rolling Thunder is a Maine Coon, so I googled them. I can't believe how huge they get! I'm not a cat person at all, but I think the kittens are cute. I am totally a dog person.

I'll eagerly await your update - I imagine that you have got lots more done since your last one.

It sounds like your weather is as crazy as ours. Monday and Tuesday night we had a risk of frost, and then yesterday was 30 c - so hard to believe!
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

Lika - I do have a Facebook page, but it's not specific to Maine Coons. I post needlework progress and cat pictures, and not a whole lot more. As for Rolling Thunder, yes, he's a Maine Coon. His name comes from his birth. The breeder we got him from had two litters due right around the same time and wouldn't you know it, both dames started giving birth on the same night -- the night the severe thunderstorms and tornadoes hit the area where she lived! As a result, the kittens from both litters ended up with weather-related names. Thunder's brother was named Doppler and the other boy from the second litter was Lightning. As there were 10 kittens total, I lost track of the other names. I think there was a Raindrop and maybe a Windy. Luckily, while there was some pretty significant damage around her, Susan and her husband came through without a problem.

Wendy - I don't think there's any question that he's going to be big. Physically, he's already the same size as our 15 year old tabby (although I'll grant that she's not a large cat and he doesn't weigh as much as she does). I took him into the vet on Tuesday. Dr. Albin cuddled him, checked him over, and then looked at his face sheet. She looked at him again, then up at me and said, "How old did you say he is?" When I told her he was born on March 7th and was just a month old she shook her head and commented, "Well, he's going to be a big boy." He was 4.6 pounds when we brought him home, he was up to 4.85 when I took him to the vet on Tuesday and this morning when I put him on the scale he was up to 5 pounds! When you consider that Maine Coons grow for the first 4 years of their life, it kind of boggles the mind.

Once we got past the "newness" of him being around, I have managed to get more stitching done. I'm somewhat house bound right now as we have two other cats and we're working through the transition period, which has proved beneficial for the stitching time. The tabby (Zora) is just fine with him. She pretty much ignores him. But our other Maine Coon is being something of a twit. When Mena was a kitten our old black male used to pick on her. He'd chase her around the house and in spite of being twice his size, she wouldn't stand her ground. If she'd stood up to him the way her brother, Harry, did they would have ended up being friends, but she always ran from him which just caused him to continue the behavior. Unfortunately, Mena has decided to channel Xander when it comes to Thunder and she stalks him. He's learned the places he can hide where she can't get to him (although a lot of those he won't fit into for long) and he doesn't seem particularly traumatized by her actions except when she gets obsessive about it. So I either stay home and moderate or I have to separate them into different rooms and close the doors. I figure the more I can be here and allow them to mingle the sooner the transition period will resolve itself. And eventually, he's going to be a lot bigger than she is and if nothing else works, that should do it.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

I won't be able to join you this weekend as my GK is at home and I am at camp. I am working away on other small projects so that part is okay.

So far the program has not found a foster home for our Mama, but we have an option of taking her to the SPCA in Dawson Creek next week after they get more room. Since she is not actually feral as we first believed and is a snuggler and quite adapted to living with people she is a good fit to find a home. Chetwynd is a small town so it can be harder to find a foster just because a small pool of people.

Rolling Thunder is so cute! People are seriously making me want kittens, but my 3 cats would kill me.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    That's some story, Debbie! Rolling Thunder is a very handsome Kitty. Have lots of fun with him.

Wendy, I like dogs too. But I prefer cats.
    Mireille

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarack29 View Post
    Rolling Thunder is so cute! People are seriously making me want kittens, but my 3 cats would kill me.
    <laughs> I think if my 4-1/2 year old Maine Coon could kill me, she probably would. She is a long way from being happy with the new kitten!
    Debbie K. in Illinois