Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: June Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Ok, here's my progress on Lesbia. I discovered something about her the other night that I hadn't noticed before. In addition to her body that we can see through the gauze, we can also see the rest of the gate and shrubbery - very faint, but it's there - another charting miracle by Marcus! It shows up better in the second one (better lighting).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 003.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	8045 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 007.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	8046
    Last edited by WendyLee; 06-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Abi, hope you feeling better!!! Your Peonies are beautiful I cant believe how much you did since the last time I been on. Wow on your Monarch your needle must be on fire. :D

Wendy well done on your girl, it looks fantastic she stitches up really fast.:)

Sherry wonderful work. :)

I decided to stay with Villa for a pit longer. I finished the last page of the second row and started on row 3 page 17.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1580.jpg   IMG_1582.jpg  
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	8050
    Just a quick note from the trails...The Lady has been traveling easily in a 36ft RV, currently in Leduc AB, I did get a few hours with her along this trip, she has seen Tamara and another good friend Trish who will soon join GK we think! A few more days and we'll be home safe and sound and she'll be packed to the side while I pack my house up for the move to Port Alberni!
    Its lovely seeing everyone's progress!!
    ( it took 15 mins to upload the picture at the campsite! But I wanted to say Hi!
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson

Images
    Wendy thank you I'm ok and once the breathlessness and hacking cough go away I'll be much better.
    Lesbia looks lovely and the way you can see through the fabric is just great

Thanks Angela Wow your Villa looks so beautiful, great progress!

Hi Carmen, great to see you Sounds like your having a lovely break with your friend and the Lady. Best of luck with the packing up and good luck with the move
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Well everyone looks like they made great progress except me. The closest I came to mine was showing it to Carmen and our friend Trish. And then convincing Trish that there are GK charts that are much smaller than mine which will be less stitches than Carmen's. It was interesting to compare our 2 with Carmen's being done on 14 count and mine on 22 count. The finished pages on mine are so much smaller, but Carmen's is easier to stitch vision wise. As well as having Carmen, her husband, their dogs, and the RV in my yard on Friday night I also got to visit with a cousin from out of town this weekend as I hurriedly packed my life up for camp. Got up here and the weatherman lied so no flying yet. Last night I finally did get a few stitches in a present for Trish, just small ornament, but it was sure nice to do as stitching is one of my ways to unwind. I did that and my coworker and I rescued a stray mama cat and her tiny kittens last night from a trailer we have that is being taken away to be demolished. She is not wild and was obviously someone's pet as once we lured her our of the drawer she was in with some food she allowed me to pick her up and give her a cuddle. Not a claw or tooth in sight, she just went limp and then snuggled into me. Then I was allowed to pick up the kittens one by one and give them to her in a carrier. She is settled in nicely in a big cage in my coworker's garage for a couple of days while a foster home is found for them until they are old enough to get adopted out. She is pure black and so are 3 of the babies with one of the other being a grey tabby and the 5th being a black cat with a grey tabby face. So adorable. I am now called the "Cat Whisperer" at the office here. It probably helps that I smell of 3 happy, contented cats from home.

Abi I sure hope your cold gets better soon. That sounds like quite the bad one. It looks like it is at least allowing you to work on your pieces. They both look wonderful.

Wendy I love your Lesbia more and more each time you post it. The detail is quite extraordinary.

Angela love the Villa. Your stitches are so neat.

Sheri I love how you work on a diagonal. It sure does make a different view of the piece. That turban is gorgeous.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Well, I did manage to get some stitching done on the weekend. Then totally forgot to post my photos! It's so much fun to see everyone's projects progressing.

Tamara - love your story of rescuing the cat family! I would have done the same thing. In fact, I did once when a poor, bedraggled, soaked-to-the-skin cat showed up on my doorstep during a deluge in a small prairie town where I lived for a while. She wasn't much older than a kitten herself - and she had one kitten in tow. I found a home for the kitten, but kept Mama Kitty, as I called her, until she passed away a few years later.

Here's my before/after of The Shore of the Turqoise Sea.

Name:	Fri. June 2.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	8051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mon. June 5.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	790.3 KB 
ID:	8052

I'm really close to having the third page done. Then the last section in this column is only about 1,800 stitches and then I will have the whole first column done from top to bottom.

Images
    Thank you everyone for your nice comments about Lesbia!

Angela, what an amazing job you are doing! There is so much detail in this piece. Congrats on your row finish - you've made an excellent start on the next row!

Carmen and Tamara, it sounds like both your lives are topsy-turvy right now. I'm going to miss hearing from you both - don't forget about us here while you're gone! It will be really nice to meet your friend Trish. Tamara, that mama was lucky it was you who found her!

Gail, your rock cliff is growing beautifully! I love the detail that shows the rough rock face so clearly, and the wild shrubs at the top.
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone! This weekend is our SAL for GK projects and I'll be continuing on with Lesbia. Peter will be away fishing, so I'm hoping to get lots done. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Sorry not going to be in for two weeks, we are going on a road trip to Utah on the bike. It's going to be a long drive but we should have lots to see, we are leaving Saturday and should be back the next Saturday. My mother in law is coming to watch the animals, can't trust the boys with all the medication they need.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all as of tomorrow we are off to Canada just in case you didn't know lol x obviously I won't be in the sal but if I can get online I will be watching from afar xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk