Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: May Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Well, it was certainly cold the whole time we were there in April!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy that's a real shame, you love your golf!
    We had a couple or three of sunny warm days but with a stiff breeze which in the shade was so cold. Today its non stop rain which is forecast to continue through the week

Chris I used to find that knitting was so quick and easy to pick up with nothing to prepare. Good idea to stitch in the evenings
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Oh no Abi. When we don't see the sun for a few days it makes us feel dreary inside too. We need that sun for our spirits, I'm finding.
    Wendy

I hope everyone is starting to get a little sun. We work up today to some finally. Maybe tonight I can go out and find my racks to put on my Jeep. I tried last night and it was too dark to see in our sheds. So I went back inside to stitch instead.

So the rain we had the past week was good for something other than making our yard a pit of mud, well more than it already was. I have not 1, not 2, but 3 page finishes. Which for those of you following along at home is not the major feat it seems as I was actually working on 3 pages at once. But they are all done and a new page is started. It took quite a bit to decide where to go next as I want to go down and do more of the books, but I don't like the thought of scrolling up and down on my scroll bars to get there so much. Plus going down is all confetti and going across the next 2 pages is basically mostly that dark grey I worked on due to my shoulder. With going away for the summer for work I thought it would be better to be working on the simpler bits as it is easier to jump back into on days off if I want to and when I come back in the fall. Plus every time I look at the picture to decide where to go next I find something new to work towards. There is a puppy in the rafters on the far side of my picture! Not as good as a kitty to me, but puppy!!!!

So last Monday: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1192[1].jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	7974
    Thursday with the bottom left page done: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1194[1].jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	7975
    And last night before I went to bed with the other 2 pages done and 4 rows of my favorite grey shadows started on the new page: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195[1].jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	7976
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Wendy I need the sun too and the vit D tab just in case . Its rained nearly all day!

Tamara your making great progress! the detail in this is lovely

Peonies, not a lot done but it's growing, wishing the Peonie was whiter instead of peachy pink

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	7977 after Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afterJPG.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	7978
    Abi.....

Images
    Great progress everyone! I can't seem to get it together to do the SAL. Actually, haven't done any stitiching for last 5 days as had family visiting for Mother's Day weekend. Sounds like everyone is getting the same kind of weather that we are having here in Gibsons, BC - cold, rainy, dreary. Still having to get a fire going some days, it's so cold still. Might be a good day for stitching today - hopefully.

Images
    Beautiful progress Tamara! I think you've made the right decision to go to the easier work for the summer. I've got the same dilemma - I can work down, because the last row is just half a page, but I'll have to turn my work on the scroll rods, so I'll just work across. I love those purples that have appeared in the space that has closed in, and I see that your book is now complete!

Abi, your Peonies is lovely and is growing nicely, especially as you've also done a piece for a quilt! I'm of a different opinion from you - I love the colour of the new flower and think it goes with the colours of the whole piece. Each to her own!

Gail, I know what you mean about getting a fire going - I'm freezing here, but don't like to put the heat on because they are forecasting rising temperatures starting tomorrow so I don't want the house to get too warm. Talk about the 'horns of a dilemma'! I hope to see you in the SAL's soon.

Here is my progress on Lesbia. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped because of cooking. I bought a vegetable spiralizer to make pasta-style noodles from vegetables, and it was delicious - great for my Weight Watcher's. Unfortunately I cut the tips of both index fingers on the extremely sharp blades - I'm such a klutz! Even with the bandaids, I couldn't grip my needle very well so it was slow going. I've learned that I should use a vegetable brush to clean it - experience is a great teacher! All is well now, and it's full steam ahead!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 001.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	7979 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 009.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	7980
    Wendy

Great progress everybody!

Images
    Thanks Wendy, I think maybe I'm just not keep on the peach Peonie cause I was expecting a whiter one I hope your fingers get better very soon, no golf and no stitching must be a bummer
    Abi.....

Images
    Thanks Abi and Sherry! Yes, the fingers are getting better. I put some liquid bandage on the worst one last night and it worked well - it's almost like a nail polish. I could actually stitch with nothing on it, but I don't want anything seeping onto my work. And .... I think I'm going golfing tomorrow!!! My course won't be opening until the weekend, and only nine holes, but we're supposed to have four warm, sunny days in a row so a friend and I will go to another course. I can't wait!
    Wendy