Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Ok, I'm back now. Here's my progress on Lesbia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 001.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	7957 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 008.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	7958
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy it's looking great I love that flash of blue.

Sherry nice work on the turban, you must be enjoying the new colours

Peonies, not a great amount as the garden needed sorting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beforeJPG.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	7959after..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	7960
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Sherry it is so exciting to see that turban taking shape. I love how you work triangle wise.

Wendy Lesbia just gets more and more beautiful ever time.

Aby the Peonies are coming along nicely. I am sure your garden also appreciates your time. Soon we will be able to work on ours, but as we are still getting frost and it is frozen not that far down we have to wait this year.
    First up is my finished Super Mario in his frame and signed by Charles Martinet (voice of Mario): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mario.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	766.4 KB 
ID:	7961 Okay so I don't have the glass in for the photo yet as the glass was just too much reflections. It was pretty awesome to meet him as he is such a nice, positive and friendly guy. He was so tickled pink someone would do a cross stitch of "him". My friend volunteered at the Fancon and got to be his celebrity liason and spent the weekend at his side and she said he really is like that all the time and was genuinely please with my tribute. All the stuff written on it is Mario-isms and as he wrote them Charles actually said them in Mario's voice! I'm still flying high 3 days later.

So I did not get my page finish with Magic Potion as I wanted, but pretty darn happy with what I did get done. I severely underestimated how much some of those colours from the confetti page spread to the other 2 on the go. I still have the colour I am working on and then one more for the confetti page. Then focusing on the colours in the top right page as it is almost done as it is. I think I finished 8 colours, but a couple of those only had a couple of stitches. One I did last night had 10 stitches over the 3 pages.
    So my before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1182[1].jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	7962 and after: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1192[1].jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	7963

I will probably do more tonight while we wait for the BC Provincial election results to come in. I voted on my way to work, was actually the first person in line. Not because I am hardcore, but there is nobody there at 8am when it opens and after work you can wait an hour or 2 to get through the line as that is when everyone is there. I was there at 7:57am, doors opened at 8:00am on the dot, and I was on the road at 8:03am. Quick, painless, and done.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Great progress everyone!

I actually ran out of one of the blues so I'm waiting for a replacement but I'm closing in on another page finish just behind the turban now

Images
    Just popping in to say, that everyone is making such great progress. Well done. Love to see all the different type of patterns.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

Abi, you've got lots of variety - both flowers to stitch and flowers to grow! The new darker bit that you've stitched really shows up your pink peony.

Tamara, what a lovely keepsake for you! It seems like he was thrilled to sign it for you, and it's so nice to hear that he's a great guy. Your empty spots on Potion are filling in, as is your confetti area. I can't believe the detail in the woodwork and the books!
    Wendy

Thank you for all the comments everyone! Yes Wendy it is so detailed. Especially when you step back from it a couple of feet. Sitting over it while working on it is hard to see the detail and it looks fuzzy and out of focus. From 4 feet away it comes to life. And while waiting for our BC election results last night I got a page finish before I gave up on both as I was too tired. I have to do that last colour on the other 2 pages yet, but the confetti page is done!
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Yaay Tamara - way to go!!
    Wendy

Oops today is for unpicking. I miscounted by not allowing for the page overlap. Can't have a square turban, we want a rounded turban. Lucky it's only sky that I'm taking out and not turban confetti

Images
    Oh no Sherry! Lucky that you found it in time - is it a lot of stitches?
    Wendy