Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday SAL

Got my pictures last night before I went to bed, but could not face turning on a computer to upload them as it was late. Please forgive the mess you can see on my potion update photo. There was a bit done on my Magic Potion with some fill-in happening. I finished the one grey and then the next shade. And I got my next colour set up to go for when I get back to it. That colour is in all 3 pages I have on the go.

Then I started on Mario. I will be out of the stitch along this weekend as I want to get Mario done for May 5th I think it will go fast since I did that in one evening. It is a scene from the first Super Mario game in a silhouette of a more modern Mario jumping. Hoping to get a bit done tonight if I don't just crash when I get home. It has been a busy week. Did my taxes and my Aunt's last night then took her home. By the time I was back home it was an hour past when I normally go to bed and I still had stuff to do to get ready for today. I am not sure I trust myself to count right now so if I do anything it will be the one colour that fills in those bricks.

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!
    Magic Potion - Before: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1150[1].jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	7871 After: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1163.jpg 
Size:	992.1 KB 
ID:	7874
    What I got done Monday night on Mario: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg 
Size:	843.5 KB 
ID:	7875
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1163.jpg   IMG_1162.jpg  
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    I'll join in again! Even though it is Easter weekend, should be less busy for me than the last SAL I attempted! I'm about 3/4 of the way through the second page of Turquoise Sea. Really pushing to finish it and start on another page! Weather here has been so cold still and rainy and gloomy. Perfect excuse to stay in and stitch.

Images
    Tamara, that big hole in the middle of your grey is steadily shrinking, and soon it will be gone! You've made a good start on Mario - I'll love to see him.

Gail, I hope someone else joins in to keep you company. If not, this will be a first - a Stitch-Alone!! If I was home, I'd be stitching right along with you!
    Wendy

Hi everyone. Due to life I haven't put in one stitch on anything since the 24th of February I hope to remedy that this weekend, but in that time the hoop I was using for Maharajah was broken so I ordered a frame today similar to the Qsnap. Once it gets here I'll start on him again. It's good to be back. I picked up my crochet today which also hasn't seen the light of day and I'll be ready to stitch on something tomorrow for Easter Sunday. Happy Easter everyone

Images
    It's nice to see you back Sherry! I hope your hoop comes quickly.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all x haven't had time to stitch at the moment as I have been busy knitting for our new grandbaby due in September but I am hoping that the novelty of only having to knit one of everything wears off soon and I will be back to my stitching xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Progress on Peonies,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	7886after..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	7887
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    We're back from Hilton Head Island where we had a great time with my husband's step-mother and step-brother. Weather was glorious (warm and no rain) the whole time we were there. We got to do several new things we'd never tried before (including a two hour boat cruise to Savannah, GA), as well as returning to visit some old favorites (Center for Birds of Prey just outside Charleston, SC and two trips to Needlepoint Junction on HHI). As I had indicated earlier, I decided not to take my needlework stand with me this trip so I got a break from Lilac Lights. I return to it today. But i did finish a project while I was gone. Actually, I both started and finished it in the same trip! Rather than cross stitch, this one was counted needlepoint. The worked area is about 6.11" square and was worked with only three fibers, however two of them were variegated. This is the autumn season of a 4-seasons set and I think I will get the other three. The designer is From Nancy's Needle and this is Autumn Leaves.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fallen Leaves.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	7888
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Abi it looks great you got a lot done this time around.

Debbie, this is very pretty and so different from xstitch. It sure stitched up fast.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    It did stitch up quickly. The thing I enjoyed most, though, was the colors. The dark variegated floss (Rainbow Gallery Overture in Caravan, a 4-ply Pima cotton fiber) has to be cut in a very specific way so that you can stitch certain portions of the design in identical color patterns. It was a great exercise in thread management.
    Debbie K. in Illinois