Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday SAL

Images

April Friday - Monday SAL

I don't know where my brain was when I announced the last SAL. I should have started this new thread, so some of you may post your progress here and others may post it in the Extended SAL thread. Wherever the photos are, we'll still enjoy them. Sorry for the mix-up!
    Wendy

Sure is quiet in here, but I think that is because we are all stitching away and waiting with baited breath to hear more of Wendy's adventures.

So far I got some done on my Potion Maker, but I jumped ship to work on a small, last minute project as I will be getting to meet the man who does the voice of my all time favorite video game character next month. Super Mario. So I am doing a small project that I am going to take in with me and get him to sign a piece of card I can have framed with it. Then I can put it in my gaming corner. The first Mario games actually helped me with my dyslexia as they taught me some direction, helped a bit with reading/ wanting to read, and hand - eye coordination. It really does hold a special place in my memory.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    That will be so special for you Tamara. What a great idea to have the signature framed with your finished piece!

We left Chris and Pete in Chester and took the train today to Penrith in the Lake District of England. We have a couple of day tours booked for Wednesday and Thursday, and will take the train to Edinburgh on Friday. Neither one of us is interested in driving here on the other side of the road - too confusing, although I did do it in Barbados when I was young and foolish in my 20's!
    Wendy

Images
    Tamara, feel free to post your progress on your new, small piece. This is a non-GK SAL this week and we'd love to see it. It may spark some conversation in this quiet spell! I can't remember when it's been so inactive!

Edit: I should have said that the SAL that just finished was the non-GK!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 04-13-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    Wendy

I will try to remember to get some pictures of both of them tonight. By the time I remembered I was already at work today
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Images
    I know I'm late this time, but here it is. I'm working on the last page and a half of the second row.

Wendy how great was that seeing Chris, have a wonderful vacation. Oh I wouldn't drive in England either, it would be pure terror, and not just for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1455.jpg   IMG_1456.jpg  
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Blog Entries
    Images
    Angela such beautiful progress xx

Sorry girls I haven't stitched for nearly three weeks.... coming new tiny baby stuff has taken over again but I am hoping to get myself organised for this weekend as no plans to go anywhere in the evenings so I will have to discipline myself again to knit in thr day and stitch in the evenings xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    This is so beautiful Angela - I love your method of stitching and watching the circle closing in!

Oh, it was a fabulous afternoon!
    Wendy

Images
    Good morning everyone, from Jolly Old England! This weekend is our SAL for GK projects. I'm still away and unable to join in, but I'll be watching your progress with great interest. Will anybody be participating?
    Wendy

Images
    Thank you Wendy, I'm going to set this one out sticking with the map until the row is finished.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage