Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Images
    Well, I did make a fair amount of progress although I didn't quite make my goal. I had hoped to get the entire outer border at the top finished, but I'm short 24 eyelet stitches and 16 dense Rhodes stitches of having it done. The inner section of the border will be sprigs of lilacs worked in Queen Stitches with some vines and a geometric design with more eyelet stitches that separates the springs. This border goes all the way around the piece. The outer border varies from side to side but the inner remains the same all the way around. Once this is done, all of the stitching is completed and I'll be ready to start the beading. This will be the last update on this until the end of April. I'm not taking this one on vacation with me, so it's out of rotation for about 10 days. I'm ready for a break on it anyway. I'm going to pack it up and put it away since the recipient of the piece will be in my house tomorrow and I don't want her seeing it! The pictures attached are (1) where I was the last time I posted. I'd only put in a about a dozen stitches between the last time I posted and the start of the extended SAL, so that starting point is pretty accurate. (2) The entire piece as of the end of the SAL, and (3) a closeup of the border. You can see where the eyelet stitches are going in. The dense Rhodes stitches will slot in under the triangles and inside the silver stitches.
    (1) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL 3-21-17 Full Piece.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	7849(2) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL 2017-04-04 Entire Piece.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	7848(3) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL 201-4-4 Outer Top Border.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	7850
    Last edited by Debbie Kluge; 04-06-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Sue it looks like what you have done is put a link to a photo in a Google share folder. So the only way to see it is to log into Google. I can see it in my main browser I am using as I am logged into Google there, but on my secondary one where I am not logged in I can't view it. Nor can I on my phone. From my logged in one I downloaded the photo and the seed packet looks great! I did a bit of a test and I am able to upload that photo directly here and can do so for you in a post if you would like.
    Tamara - Current GK WIP S3743 Making the Magic Potion

“Geography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.”

Terry Pratchett

Debbie - Absolutely gorgeous. The recipient is so lucky and will be very impressed I think.

Tamara - Thanks for looking at my post. My phone is no longer letting me email so I did an upload to
    google photo this time and it would only allow the link or a very very tiny picture was pulled in. I will
    ask my son to help give me some pointers for the next post. If you can pull in my picture in for me that
    would be very nice. THANK YOU.

Here is Sue's photo of her awesome completed seed packet! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170403_150047.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	7851

And Debbie that is wonderful progress on your project. So pretty.

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Wendy, great progress, congratulation on a other row done.

Tamara way to go on all that grey, wow that's a lot of skeins of gray you still have to do.

Gail, every stitch is one less you have left, next time you get more done again, it looks very pretty.

Very pretty Debbie! Have a wonderful time on your vacation.

Sue congratulation on your finish, it looks wonderful.

Here is my before and after of the Map, I think I can fill the rest in tonight. Finely picked up Spring Montage again, don't have a before picture it is a slow going I only stitch in the afternoon on it when I get some time, the last two days I fell a sleep working on it, getting up early for work is just not my thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1450.jpg   IMG_1451.jpg   IMG_1452.jpg  
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Hi everyone! Love to see everybodies work Wendy I am now thinking that my next project should be Lesbia lol. I couldn't get on the forum last night for some reason, so will have to post my pictures a day late... mine is not very interesting right (all dark colors)... but I'm sloooooowly creeping up to the flower portion of the picture! Yai! Can't wait for the bright colors Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9927.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	655.2 KB 
ID:	7857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	729.6 KB 
ID:	7858

Images
    Thank you so much everyone!

Everyone has made wonderful progress! I've been out all day so haven't seen the progress before now. I'll make individual comments tomorrow when I have more time!
    Wendy

Images
    Hi everyone just popped in to say what great progress your all making and how lovely all your stitching looks
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Everyone's progress is so awesome!

Abi your map is making me itch for camp when I can work on my map for summer. Or maybe the 3D globe pattern I picked up.

Katia all those dark colours and you made so much progress. Love that bit of flower peeking in on the right.

Good news from physio last night. I don't have another appointment scheduled. They think I will be able to finish up on my own, but I can go back if I need to. I have exercises and stretches to do as well as my Tens machine, but it should be good to go for kayaking. I no longer drop things at random from my bicep giving out and have full movement. Just some lingering soreness and it tightens up at times. I am free to slowly start my return to normal activities. So confetti is on the books in my near future again!

Terry Pratchett

Images
    Tamara, you've made great progress with your grey! Are you getting bored with it yet? It is growing quickly despite your injury, and that was wonderful news you got at physio!

Gail, I must say that I was surprised you were even joining in with your special event taking place! I can still see some progress, and I'm so glad to see how it has grown since we last saw it. It's beautiful!

Debbie, I can't believe all the different types of stitches are in this beauty! You are doing such gorgeous work - I can't wait to see the beading.

Angela, your new circle is filling in nicely! I love seeing all the scattered stitches that you start out with, and the effect when the area is all filled in.

Katia, you must be getting tired of the dark colours, but when you have these vibrant colours of the flowers filled in the effect will be dramatic! I love your dragonfly - you'll soon have him finished!
    Wendy