Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Extended year end SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Images
    Thank you everyone for your compliments and well wishes! I think I'm on the mend, I started sweating during the night. This has been going on since Sunday so I'm ready for it to be gone!

Carmen, congratulations on finally stitching your bunny! Wow, you got so much done this SAL. Welcome back - you've been missed! It sounds like there's not been a dull moment around your place. I'm sorry to hear about your job - hopefully another one is just around the corner.

Beautiful progress Angela! It's amazing that you could do this much with everything else going on. I know I've said it before, but I really love the colours in this one.

Oh Lucette, this is beautiful! I can just hear the water rushing by the rocks. It looks like you'll soon have the waterfall done!

Wow Debby, you certainly got loads done, even with the confetti! Now that you've reached the right side you've reached a milestone and we'll see it grow by leaps and bounds, especially when you get to that non-confetti area.

Oh Debbie, what a beauty this is! I can't believe how much you got done, being away. The colours in this are gorgeous - purple is my colour! I've enlarged your photo a couple of times and scrolled around the page examining the stitching in minute detail. There are so many different stitches. The enlargement we get here is probably just as good as any closeup photos you can post, but give it a try. Maybe I'll get to see even more!

Katia, I'm so glad you joined us, and I hope this is just the first of many, many SAL's! Not much but dark colours here right now, but I applaud you for motoring your way through it. You really got a lot done. Page 5 and colours will be here before you know it, and it will burst forth in all it's glory!
    Wendy

Images
    Great progress, Katia. I know the background seems dull, but even there you can see hints of the leaves. I'm always surprised at the way the detail in these dark sections jump out at you once the whole piece is finished. They usually just looks like blobs of color as you actually work them. At the rate you're going, you'll be to page 5 in no time!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thanks, Wendy. I really do enjoy the specialty stitches. I'll just post two closeups. The fist is the center of the piece. I really like this one. The metallic and opalescent shades do nice job of making it shine, even before it gets beaded. And the second in the second row of small motifs with the small separating border. I really like this border. It wasn't particularly complex but I like the way it looked once it was done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL 1-3-17 Closeup Center Motif.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	7567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL 1-3-17 Closeup Small Motifs Just Left of Center.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	981.9 KB 
ID:	7566
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LL 1-3-17 Closeup Upper Center Motif.jpg  
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thanks everyone, this is my last day of than back to the rat race. Yes I stitched a lot but did not get anything else done, but I needed this time.

Debbie nice work, it looks so perfect. I'm stitching on 18ct.

Lucette, wow it's been a while since I seen it you got so much done, I love it.

Katia, welcome and I sure hope you stay and show us more than black, I know you ready for it. I hate stitching background.

Wendy glad you feeling better!
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    I stand corrected, Debbie! Wow, so much more detail in the close-up, especially when I enlarge it. Your stitches are beautiful, and once the beading is done it will be spectacular!

There was an article on the front page of our newspaper about a stomach virus going around the city, so I guess I have lots of company! I'm feeling quite a bit better today, but rather tired. I didn't even pick up my needle yesterday, and not sure about today yet.
    Wendy