Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Extended year end SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas. I am on the laptop trying to find updates. No luck. I need to get used to this system.
    Anyway, I'm in with Winter in New Haven.

I have to travel tomorrow to see my mother in her long-term care home. No stitching there.
    Christmas Day was a zoo with a very hyper 4.5 year old and a 4-month old. I'm still trying to recover! LOL
    I want a day where all I do is stitch without guilt. There's so much to clean up around here.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing everyone's progress.

Debby

Got ready to do my update yesterday and then remembered hehehe. But I've got 400 stitches done so far

Images
    Give your mother a hug for me Debby! I'm already anticipating seeing your progress on Winter.
    Wendy

Images
    Morning all After all the gales and rain we had up here it finally looks a bit festive outside as everywhere is white and frozen solid with frost
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good morning all x

Abi we haven't had gales here just a breeze thank goodness xx we are sheltered I suppose by the Wirral peninsula etc xx it's beautiful today if somewhat cold x it was frozen solid earlier but melted now where the sun has reached - a treacherous sun for driving though as it is so low in the sky �� xx

Met up with gill for coffee and she has saved me by having dmc 762 woohoo that will keep me going till I get my order xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Aw, thanks, Wendy. You're a sweetheart.

Mom was doing well yesterday - playing bingo when we got there. We had a nice visit.

I stitched a bit when we got home, but the progress is S L O W. So much confetti. I'm persevering with all the dark brown/green for as long as I can. When I get so I can't stand it, I'll move back down to the roof of the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyLee View Post
    Give your mother a hug for me Debby! I'm already anticipating seeing your progress on Winter.

Images
    Chris it's finally thawed out now 4deg and rising

Debbie I'm glad you had a nice visit with your Mum hoping she won the bingo!
    Abi.....

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good morning all x was very mild last night abi compared to what it had been in the day x we went to our friends for drinks and nibbles there was still frost in places where the sun hadn't quite reached but I had Pete to hang on to

Debbie sounds like your mum is enjoying herself xx my mother in law loves the bingo where she is and when I was away in November they had a family bingo session which Pete went to and many other families with their parent and he said it was a hoot but berptween Pete and his mum the win 3 bottles of wine so he was happy too loll x we asked her to come for dinner Boxing Day with all the family and she said no as there was things going on in the home and she didn't want to miss them lol - we were dumped for a game of bingo lol x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Oh Chris, that's so good to hear that she's being kept busy and enjoying it! I know you had quite a job getting her there. That's our next challenge with my mother. She's still in her own home at 87, and she's very capable, but she really should be in an apartment where she does for herself but will have activities that she can attend. But ... she doesn't want to move - familiar story!
    Wendy

Images
    Chris I'm so glad your mil loves being in her new home as it must be a great relief for everyone knowing she's so settled

Wendy best of luck with that one your mum certainly sounds like she knows what she wants but hopefully when the times right she will make her own mind up
    Abi.....