Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Images
    Thanks Abi! We've just arrived in Freeport, Maine for Peter's meetings. Going out to dinner with friends of his in an hour. It rained and flurried all the way down here, and the temperature is near zero. We'll start driving south in earnest on Sunday afternoon, so sometime on Monday it will be getting warmer!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Have a fabulous time Wendy and Peter x

Had a day in Chester today with our friends - parked the men in the man crèche - the pub - whilst Doe and I did most of our Christmas shopping I know it's quite early but I also have birthdays to sort in November and December so I do it all at once we will return when the Christmas markets are In Chester city and have a love,y relaxed afternoon through to the evening x

Off to a Halloween party tomorrow taking the boys with us all of us in fancy dress - photos will be taken need
    Es to say tonight and tomorrow I haven't/won't be stitching but will manage Sunday and Monday x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Enjoy your Halloween party Chris! I imagine the boys will be tickled pink to be in costume!
    Wendy

Images
    My husband's step mother asked me if I would finish a piece that she had bought. She had been a stitcher for years but said her eyes had aged enough that she couldn't see to do it. Turns out, I don't think that was the problem. It was a Lanarte kit of two girls on bicycles. It was one of their "watercolor" designs. The fabric was a 28 count linen that was so coarsely woven it might as well have been transparent. She'd started it and just asked that I finish it. I should have replaced the fabric but I didn't. Then all of the colors were these pale, washed out shades that I could only work on in daylight (even a daylight lamp wouldn't work). Anything you tried to tie off showed through on the front. It was a nightmare, start to finish. I finished it, but I hated every minute of it. If she wills it back to me, I'm going to give it to her daughter. I never want to see the thing again!

We go to Hilton Head every other year. Chuck's dad and step mother purchased four weeks of timeshares there for the express purpose of being able to spend time with their kids. Three of the four weeks are back to back, so we tend to go down first for a week. We then overlap a week with Chuck's step sister and her family, and when we're lucky, his step brother manages to make it down during the same week we are there. She then has friends down during the 3rd week and generally donates the 4th week to one of her local charities to use as a fund raiser, or offers it to one of the kids who trade it out on the network for another location. We've been to Hawaii, the Canadian Rockies, and New Hampshire for fall colors in this way. It's a great way to spend time with all of them. I love Hilton Head. I've been to Myrtle Beach but never stayed there. I think the person you spoke with is correct. There's a lot more charm in Hilton Head. It's much more of a timeshare/condo environment, whereas Myrtle Beach is more hotel-ish. I think it's probably equally as busy, but they've handled the crowds better than Myrtle Beach seems to have done. The shopping is great, there's lots of really good restaurants, plenty of things to do (including a PGA tournament golf course that's open to the public), and both Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC are an easy drives for day trips. Also, one of my favorite places is in the area. It's called the Center for Birds of Prey and is a conservation, rehabilitation, and education center for local and endangered raptors including owls, hawks, falcons, vultures, and eagles. They take in injured birds, care for them until they are healed and then release them back to the wild. Those that are too seriously injured to release are cared for in the center and are used to teach. They have outreach programs for the schools and community groups, host tours, and have huge support from the local community. It's about 20 minutes north of Charleston, SC and you can find them on the web. I'd encourage you to give Hilton Head and the area a try. Weekly rentals would be your best bet.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Thanks so much for this info Debbie! Just reading it, I can tell that it's preferable to Myrtle Beach. I'll start working on Peter on the way home, and do my research online.

What a wonderful gift your father in law has given the family!

I'm sure your mother in law could appreciate the work you did for her, but probably not the personal cost to you. I hope she loves it and it is hanging in a prominent spot! I can totaly relate!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 10-31-2016 at 12:24 AM.
    Wendy

Images
    Chris enjoy the party

Wendy, hope you had a lovely dinner
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

I'm back!!!!! I'll get 2 days progress in this SAL

Images
    Good to see you back stitching Sherry, enjoy yourself
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    We had a fab time and I have uploaded some pics on a thread - none of me am afraid will see if anyone got any of me and will upload if so x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    We just arrived in Danbury, Connecticut for the night. I won't be able to stitch any more for a few days, but I took my photo this morning and will try to upload it after we eat. I brought the laptop with me, but I've never tried connecting to another network with it before, so we'll see what happens. I'm on the tablet right now.
    Last edited by WendyLee; 10-31-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    Wendy