Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Fantastic Wendy I have lost 2.5 pound on my first week so am happy 19.5 to go
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Great going Chris! We both have about the same amount to lose. They have me down for 18 in total, but I'd like somewhere between 20 - 25, depending on how I look - don't want to look wasted away! I hope this time away doesn't mess me up.

Well, I'm going to take this new stand back - it's just a piece of junk. I guess I got what I paid for! I'll take my Mark II somewhat apart and find room in amongst the luggage and golf bags. The inconvenience will be well worth it in the long run.
    Wendy

Images
    I understand your dilemma, Wendy. I'm scheduled to go to Hilton Head, SC in April and I'll take my Mark II frame with me, provided we drive. My husband is talking about wanting to take the train if we can work out connections. In a way I hope we can't. I always get so much done there! While the frame breaks down easily enough, it's just too big to try to manhandle on the train. It's not like I don't have something else I can take with me if we do go by train. I'm slowly but surely working on the Chatelaine bird tapestry designs. There are 8 of them, which I will have identically framed for a wall grouping once they're all finished. I'm working on the 4th of the European birds, and still have the 4 US birds remaining to do. They make good traveling projects. If I do take my frame, it probably won't be to work on Night Cafe, though. I've purchased Lilac Lights by Chatelaine to work for my cousin, Pam, for her birthday in July. This is the family member my husband calls my "identical cousin". She's 7 months older than me and we were basically raised like sisters. It occurred to me not long ago that I've done needlework for all of her kids (wedding pieces, baby blankets, bids, etc.), and I've taught her eldest daughter and her two granddaughters to stitch, but I've never done anything for her. So I'm going to remedy that. My guess is that will be the project that will go with me to HH this year. It would be a shame to have to set Lesbia aside while you travel. You're making such great progress!
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Wendy I'm sorry the new stand didn't work out for you. Do you still have the stand before the Mark II, If so is it not easier to transport?
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    never mind Wendy at least you are in the car so weight won't be a problem xxx I am well fired up to lose my weight and am feeling healthier than I have in a long time just by eating healthy
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Wendy sorry your stand didn't work out, we are kinda spoiled with our Mark2.

Congratulations on your weight lost girls, I really need to get to it also I would feel so much better.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Abi, my previous stand had a wear and tear problem with it that I was putting up with, and it's still a floor stand. I think I can take the Mark II partially apart, just enough to get it in the car, so it won't be too much of a problem. I'm glad you all talked me into taking Lesbia with me!

We're two of a kind, Debbie! I can see how it would be difficult in a train though. How nice that you'll do a project for your cousin - she'll be thrilled. I've given so many pieces to give away but I've never done one for my daughter. I should remedy that, but we have such different tastes! Anything that she'd like to have would be such a chore for me because chances are I wouldn't be one bit interested in the subject matter, and they take so long to stitch that I have to love it. Possibly one of the panels from the Book of Hours (I think that's what it's called). Marcus has charted some of them.

Edit: It's not the Book of Hours, but the Labours of the Months.
    Last edited by WendyLee; 10-27-2016 at 05:34 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    The other option, Wendy, is to tell her you want to make something for her and the two of you get together and jointly settle on a pattern you're both happy with. I've done that with people I want to make something for but I know that whatever I chose wouldn't please them. Just be sure that you explain up front that if you are to make something for her, the design has to be something she'll really like, but that you can enjoy stitching. I've done things for people where I haven't liked the pattern and it's just misery.

Have you ever looked at the Hearthside Craftworks lap stand? The parts from your Mark II would be interchangeable with it, but it would be much easier to transport.
    Debbie K. in Illinois

Images
    Yes, I know what you mean, Debbie. Peter bought a kit for his mother once, against my advice. She plugged away at it for two or three years, until she gave up because of her eyes. This was pre-GK for me, so I offered to finish it for her. Between correcting her mistakes and disliking the chart, it took a good while, then we had it framed and gave it to her for Mothers' Day. When she passed away, we got it back, but it's still not hanging on our walls!

Regarding the lap stand - I did buy one from them but I find that when I'm sitting on the couch it moves. There's nothing solid for it to sit on. I haven't actually stitched with it, but I don't think I'd like it. I'm just keeping it for spare parts now! My Mark II is semi-dismantled and ready to load into the car. We'll be leaving in about an hour.

You say that you go to Hilton Head. Have you ever been to Myrtle Beach? I'd like a comparison. I've spoken to someone who's been to both and he much prefers Hilton Head - not as busy and much more charm according to him. We'll have to give that place a try. This will only be my third time down there in twenty years. I've been fighting going!
    Wendy

Images
    Have a wonderful time Wendy
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure