Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Blog Entries
    Images
    hahah Wendy, the boys are too noisy for me to lose

Pete went to Poland to visit Auschwitz - he is glad he went but he said he will never go there again he loved Krakow though and they finished with a trip to the salt mines which he said was really interesting.

Debbie that is a lovely story behind your Night Cafe I have to say it is beautiful I love how the light reflects in the rain soaked streets and the colours all around
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Debbie that's a lovely pattern and an even lovelier story, you must be enjoying every stitch and your memories
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Debbie, what a beautiful story of your courtship to go along with your beautiful chart. It should bring back many memories for you both while stitching it and enjoying it on your wall! I do hope that your mother eventually came to approve of Chuck. Thanks for sharing!

Chris, I feel the same as Pete. I wasn't sure about visiting Auschwitz but ended up going. It was sobering and educational, I was glad I went but wouldn't go back. I loved Krakow and the salt mine too!
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Good Morning all, we are back from Liverpool now the hotel we stayed in was nice and clean - apart from where someone must have spilt something on the carpet - shame that people don't care when it's not their own anyway we had a brilliant night - Ross Noble was so funny the back of my head hurt from laughing and I was crying too.... with laughter that is he feeds off the audience and that is his show - obviously he turns what they do or say around to what he wants to say but he is clever Did so much walking I am hoping for a good result on tuesday mornings weigh in
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    It sounds like a great show Chris - I love a good comedian!
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks everyone for your comments. And yes, Wendy, she did eventually come around, although it took her a long time. In the end, I remember her telling me once that it was obvious that I chose better than she did when it came to husbands. She was only married 9 years (they divorced when I was 2 years old and neither of us ever saw him again) and never remarried. I think in some ways she regretted never remarrying, particularly as she got older, but she used to say she was too independent by that time to make a good wife. But it was a staggering accolade about my husband and I always appreciated her acknowledgement.
    Debbie K. in Illinois