Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: August Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Wendy I'll never be normal! Good progress on Lesbia, she's looking lovely and I cant wait to see her face

I'm in a clearing out mood so I'm spending this afternoon sorting out cross stitch stuff.
    I think Monarch of the Glen will have to go as I dislike the symbols on the pattern and after looking closely at the pattern the sky is mostly 211 lilac and white which I really dislike
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Wendy and Abi great progress on your patterns! Here is my progress. Does anyone know why it keeps rotating my pictures?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Images
    Lucette thank you Your progress is great and it's looking lovely.
    The only time my pictures rotate is when I take a pic with the camera on it's side but I haven't a clue why yours are rotating.
    Abi.....

Images
    Thank you so much Abi and Lucette!

I can't help you at all Lucette. Can you try rotating them on your computer before uploading them here, even if they look ok on the computer screen? Lovely progress on your Mountain. You're not getting much colour variety with all those dark colours, but I can see lots of detail in your stitching.

Abi, what a shame to dispose of Monarch. I can't remember just how much you had stitched on him. It may be the same thing colour-wise, but I saw this one in the old Gallery suggestions here at GK. If you really like it, you could get a pre-release. Here's the link: http://www.goldenkiteforum.com/galle...php?i=656&c=11
    Last edited by WendyLee; 08-09-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    Wendy

Abi, I did get it! Just the pattern, not the kit, and once I saw that I would be using PayPal, I realized why the GK site didn't need a secure lock. Meanwhile, I love the progress you've made on Roses. Your plan of working an hour at a time is perfect for keeping your hand in good working order until it heals completely.

Wendy, Lesbia is such a pretty pattern. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it!

Lucette, what pattern is that? It took a minute for me to realize I needed to change my perspective, but once I did, I was sucked right in. I do love landscapes.
    Meg Lark

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't rotate the camera so am at a loss as to why it rotated it. I will try to see if I can fix it next time. Meg this is called Mountain Landscape with a Castle.

Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Does anyone know why it keeps rotating my pictures?
    are you taking your photos on your phone and if so are you doing it with the phone in landscape position as this could be the problem - not sure just a wild guess really x
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Blog Entries
    Images
    Abi for such short bursts on your roses you are doing so well and I am so loving watching them 'bloom' Poor Monarch of the Glen but if you are unhappy you won't do it so maybe you are right xxx

Wendy lovely progress on Lesbia - lots of dark ewww but at least you say it's going quite quick and it appears to be growing quick I have to say and of course you have Lesbia herself pretty soon

Lucette you have made good progress too you can see the difference already (even if the picture is sideways )

here is my update I have about an hours work left to do on this page but was too tired on Monday night to finish it but will attack it probably tonight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01 08 2016.jpg   8 08 2016.jpg  
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Thanks Wendy, I will have a think I have only done a page and half on Monarch so not a lot to moan about.

Meg that's great It's a gorgeous design and look forward to your start on it.

Thanks Chris, I think once I have stitched back to where I was before the re start on Roses I'll feel better about it and hopefully it will go a bit quicker Good progress and your boys look brilliant, loving how the sea looks

Lucette once I enlarge your pics they are the right way round and beautiful!
    Last edited by Abi; 08-10-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    Abi.....

Images
    Thank you Meg and Chris!

Chris, great job on this page! Most of the empty spots are filled in and I so love seeing the whole piece. Soon you'll be on to the next page, and will that be the last one in the row?

Abi, that's strange - when I enlarge Lucette's photos they are still sideways.

Meg, I'm so glad you bought Town 2! I will love watching you stitch it.

Edit: I just went back and enlarged Lucette's photos to the next bigger size and they were right side up!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 08-10-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    Wendy