Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: August Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Meg Town 2 is fabulous!
    I love stitching more than 1 at a time and rarely get the no progress feelings when stitching different things. It's great to be able to have a choice and switch projects when you fancy a change especially if the designs are different colours. I have in the past thought about buying a kit because I hate kitting up a new project but its so much cheaper buying the bits that I need and I have no problems finding fabric.I also have the full set of DMC and plenty of repeat colours so this keeps the cost down as well. I will admit to getting sick of Roses now that I have reached the dark brown confetti but I'm hoping it's because it's the 2nd time round and stitching is slow due to my gammy hand.

Chris I'm getting better at my 1 handed left handed stitching on the squares
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Meg, I love Town 2 - it caught my eye immediately! I'm another one who never buys kits. I'm very fortunate in having a cross stitch store about five or six minutes away, where they stock fabric. Do you order your fabrics on-line? There is a fabric usage calculator somewhere on this site, but I don't remember where.

As to your other question, I'm a one project at a time person. I've tried rotating but didn't enjoy it, myself. We're all different, so give it a try! I'll love watching you stitch it!
    Wendy

I've tried rotations, too, and didn't enjoy it - that's how I got that no-progress feeling. I have five or six UFOs, and at least one full lifetime of SABLE - but oh, Town 2 is *so* irresistible. Maybe I'll just get the chart, and buy fabric from another source. I don't have a full stash of floss, but Hobby Lobby is nearby, so I can pick some up when I feel the need.

Chris, can't believe I've finally Enabled somebody... Hope you go for Shall I, esp. as it's on sale (I think it's still on sale - I *hope* it's still on sale).

Abi, I sure hope your hand gets better fast. I haven't had anything quite that severe, but from time to time I've had to cut back on stitching because muscles in my arms get sore from doing too much. Silly arms, don't they know there's no such thing as too much stitching?!

(And that reminds me, I have to share a minor miracle with you ladies - last night I was grousing to my husband that the porch is too hot for stitching in the afternoon, but if I stitch in the morning, the afternoon is too hot for housework. His response: "What's more important? All you really need to worry about is the laundry and dinner. Everything else can wait till it's cooler. Cross-stitching, on the other hand..." My husband is a pure 1950s throwback, so I never thought I'd hear such a sentiment from him! As I said, a minor miracle!

Off to see if Town 2 is still on sale... I just want a GK project so I can participate in *all* the SALs.
    Meg Lark

Bummed out - I went to buy this pattern, and the site is not secure. I don't want to send payment information over an unsecured website. How do the rest of you handle this?
    Meg Lark

Images
    Meg I have been buying GK patterns for years now and never had a problem. I always pay using PayPal.
    Abi.....

Images
    Wow, what a prince of a man you have there, Meg! He's a keeper!

I use PayPal too, and I don't even have a PayPal account. There's never been a problem. Go for it - you deserve it!
    Wendy

Thanks, Enablers! :-)
    Meg Lark

Blog Entries
    Images
    I always use Paypal to pay for my GK patterns and most anything else to be honest it is such a safe way - well as safe as anything can be these days. I have never had a problem with anything that I have done that way xx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Roses, not great progress but I found that if I just stitch in 1 hour stints and put it down for a few hours the hand is ok. It's not pain free yet but slowly getting there. Thanks all
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	7088after..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aft.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	7089

Meg did you manage to buy the pattern?

Chris did your bars arrive yet?
    Abi.....

Images
    I'm glad you're able to stitch again Abi, even one hour at a time. Slowly but surely you'll soon be back to normal - at least your hand will! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) Your Roses is growing beautifully despite the hand. Now that the fabric is growing, your leaf is really standing out.

Here is Lesbia - lots of dark in this section but it's going fairly quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 004.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	7090 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lesbia 003.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	7091
    Wendy