Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Images

Extended SAL!! Please join in - all are welcome!

Good morning everyone! As you all know, there are five weekends this month, which means that once again we get to hold an extended SAL! I always enjoy these ones - we get to see so much more progress. The SAL will run from tomorrow, June 22 until Monday, August 1, giving us eleven days of stitching pleasure. I would love to see some new stitchers taking part, so if you have hesitated in joining us in the past, now would be a good time for you to join in the fun! These SAL's are great motivators. Stitch as much, (or as little) as you are able, on Golden Kite, non-Golden Kite or any combination of projects that you like. If you have any questions, please ask.

I will be continuing on with my Lesbia. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    I'm in with corner of the Villa.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

I'd like to join. Is this where I post my before picture? I'll be working on a new start Lady Godiva (small). I may not get past the gridding but at least this will inspire me to finally start it.

Images
    Great Cheryl - welcome to GK! You can have loads of fun here. Yes, this is where you will post your photos. Normally we post the 'before' and 'after' photos together at the end of the SAL so that we can easily see the progress that was made. In your case, you are starting with a blank slate! Oh, please do start it - it's a lovely chart. Perhaps you can just grid half or a quarter of it so that you can start sooner, and you can grid the rest as you are ready to stitch in that area.
    Wendy

Thanks for the welcome, Wendy. I'm starting an HAED project too and in looking at it I decided to grid just the centre lines so I think I'll do that for Godiva too. That way I can start actually stitching.

I'm in! I love these long SALs since I usually get more stitching time during the week. I'm working on a HAED challenge, using my daughter's penguin picture, with my goal to complete one row on the page every week. After I've completed my row for the week, I let myself work on something else. So, I'll do one more row of that project, then work on The Love Letter again - hopefully getting more of that hat feather showing!

Images
    Wow! So much has happened here!
    You are all doing so much! I have fallen so far behind, but I kinda knew it would happen once schools out my family loves to come visit, BBQ , go to the beach etc...
    Ive been over run with visitors, work, gardening, sailing and round 2 of far away visitors just started,The Newfoundlanders are here for 3 weeks! I do hope to get back to my stitching now that things have settled down abit but it's a full circus with a 5 and 4 year old in the house! The Mermaid is going so slowly, I'm not enjoying it at all right now, It just feels small and crowded and I'm considering scraping it, stashing it away and going back to the Lady and Unicorn...but to set up the other two giant ones would be too much for the small kids to resist! The mermaid is stashed each night right now lol, I've barely finished row 4, I get 100 stitches in and a kid pops up and says she can't sleep lol! Auntie is very popular! And visitors don't seem to understand the hobby and it's so distracting talking and stitching a hard chart I best just let it go till they are gone and " ghost on here " lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	7045 Here she is stashed away, poor mermaid has no love! Lol
    keep up the lovely work ladies!! I'm looking forward to joining you again soon!
    Carmen in Canada
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson

I am in to . Continue working on peonies , now on page 17-18 .

Blog Entries
    Images
    i am in with my boys

Carmen families are precious don't you worry about your stitching but do come and chat for a break from little ones and we will always be here when you can get back and join in either with mermaid or unicorn
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Cheryl welcome to GK

I'm in with Roses.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure