Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: July Friday - Monday SAL

Images
    Thanks Wendy, wont be long now before I'm back into all those dark browns

Lesbia looks great despite all the confetti. I cant wait to see her face against the blue background, lovely
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Flowers, flowers everywhere, and Lesbia's looking great with hair! (Sorry, every once in so often my Inner Poet demands an airing.) Elena, are your flowers a GK pattern? They look so delicate and detailed. And Abi, I have to confess that every time I see your Roses, I get such a big smile on my face - not only do they look so lovely and lifelike, but I'm so impressed that you started over. Something like your disaster would tempt me to give up stitching altogether.

Meanwhile, a little less progress on Boyarina than I had hoped - I took Sunday as a catch-up-with-life day - but progress there was.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0702161331.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	7014 This was Friday's photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0705161147a.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	7015 Hmm, it seems to have downloaded sideways - not how it appears in my photos - but anyway, this was as of yesterday evening. Some of the boy's sleeve is beginning to show through.
    Meg Lark

Images
    Looks like everyone was busy stitching this weekend.

Elena looks beautiful you sure got a lot done.

Abi, does it seam easier and faster the second time around? It sure seams like you moving very fast, looks great.

Wendy the colors come out so good, all the confetti is worth it.

Meg at first I thought wow did she get a lot done until I saw it was sideways. Still got a good amount of progress, it is looking great.

Here is my before and after, got all that boring trim done and more. We had a party on the 3rd so yesterday we did nothing but watch tv and stitch, it was a other gray and rainy day. Today it is sunshine and extreme heat, yuck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0686.jpg   IMG_0711.jpg  
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Thank you Abi, Meg and Angela! Meg, I love your poem!

Beautiful progress on your Boyarina, Meg. Thank you so much for the close-up photo. I can see the bearded men and their smiling faces, in addition to the faces of the women.

Angela, with your border done it will be very interesting watching everything fill in. I can see how the border would be boring, but now it's finished and you won't have to think of it again - well at least not until you start the next row! It's looking great!
    Wendy

Angela, I was so ticked off that my photo posted sideways, and I still don't know how that happened! Your map looks great. I love the corner, with those figures in it. As for the boring trim, I've gotten to a place where I really enjoy boring stretches. It's like a mini-break from a lot of heavy concentration.

We also have sunshine and extreme heat - and no air conditioning. I just can't justify it for the three or so weeks we need it. Still...I didn't move to New England so I could bake in the heat the way I did in NY. Currently thinking of visiting Montreal, or maybe Iceland...
    Meg Lark

Abi , your roses look beautiful , some day i will do other red roses.
    Wendy , Lesbia is stunning , love this pattern.
    Meg, thank you , yes gk 1316
    Always wish to see someone will stitch Boyarina Morozova. Surikov one of my favorite russian artist.
    Angela, thank you. may i ask which pattern you stitch now , look like so much details.

Images
    Thanks Meg your making great progress despite the heavy confetti areas and it's looking great. Nice work!

Thanks Angela, it seems a lot slower this time round but at least I can see it properly on 18ct Your map is stunning and your progress is brilliant. 1st row will soon be done

Elana thank you
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thank you Elena!

Meg, have you ever considered a mini-split? It is a unit that is installed on the wall close to the ceiling, and is air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter. Our winter electricity bill has dropped considerably since we had a couple of units put in, and the cool house is heaven to come home to in the the summer!
    Wendy

Images
    Thank you!
    Meg, I had the same problem with, "The Goldfish Bowl" it always posted sideways.

Elena it is called Cartography I, from Tilton Crafts.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Good morning all! This weekend is our SAL for GK projects. Unfortunately I won't be able to join in, as I'll be in our Provincial golf tournament from Saturday until Tuesday. My friend and I have taken a hotel room so that we won't have to do the two-hour drive back and forth each day. I'll have my tablet with me though, and I'll be cheering everyone on! Will anyone be participating?
    Wendy