Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello I have a few questions if someone could answer please

Hello I have a few questions if someone could answer please

I'm thinking of buying Sierra Nevada pattern and was wondering how long it takes to get the PDF download. And also are you allowed to have the pattern enlarged? I'm excited to start on a project from here you were recommended by x-squared cross stitch patterns since they don't do blended threads.

Images
    Hi April, and welcome to GK! You can have lots of fun here, and the charts are magnificent. I bought my current chart in April. I believe I ordered it in the evening and I had it by the next day. Marcus and Lotta are in Sweden, so there is quite a time difference. Any copies you make of the chart just for yourself are permitted, so enlarge away! If you are computer literate (which I'm not), you'll probably know how to enlarge the pages before you print them. I always copy mine and cut off rows of ten after they are completed.

You've chosen a beauty to stitch! We'd love to follow your progress. We hold Stitch-Along's (SAL's) each Friday to Monday and it would be great to have you join in. They are really good motivators! Just take a 'before' photo on Friday, stitch as much (or as little) as you like, take an 'after' photo when you finish on Monday and post them in the SAL thread. Here's the link to the current one: http://goldenkiteforum.com/showthrea...nday-SAL/page4

If you have any questions about anything, just ask!
    Last edited by WendyLee; 06-23-2016 at 02:50 AM.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi April and welcome to GK I am in the UK so the time difference to Sweden isn't as much and I usually get mine the same day - depending on what time I have ordered it of course I don't expect Lotta and Marcus to be checking orders at midnight lol

Hope you can come and join in with us even if it is just for social chats but it would be lovely to watch your progress on any of your work The charts that are pdf'd to you are generally quite large but you are allowed to make any amount of working copies for yourself
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Hi April and welcome to the forum
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Hello thank you all for your responses you really do know how to make someone feel welcome. Sorry I didn't reply earlier I've been working a lot I do have a new question, have any of you done a GK picture on 24 or 28 count?

Images
    Do you mean two threads over one, or over two, April? I did my Girl With a Pearl Earring with two strands of floss over one and found it tight and bulky. That's when I switched to 18 count and love it! I have a friend who is doing a solid chart and is stitching it with one strand on 28 count over 1 with great results, but we need two strands with blended threads. If you have some small pieces of fabric in those sizes you can do some test stitching to try them out, bearing in mind that you will be changing colours frequently! It may look different if your test swatch is only in one colour. Hope this helps, and continue to ask away!

Did you manage to get your chart?
    Wendy

I'm so excited I bought my first GK pattern and it was the one I have really wanted to start all along, I had just thought I would start something different because of money but the pattern I desired most was on sale so now I'll start Solitude I'm wondering though when I get my fabric will two threads cover 18 count sufficiently? Thank you all for all of your input and friendly welcomes

Images
    I stitch all of mine on 18ct aida with 2 strands of thread, I think the coverage is great. You picked a beautiful pattern, we hope to see some pictures soon from your work.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    April, I'm so happy you got your favourite chart! You will get great coverage on the 18-count. Don't forget about our SAL's (Stitch-Alongs). We'd love to follow your progress. If you have any questions about them, or anything else, just ask!
    Wendy

Images
    April I'm another one that can vouch for 18ct and 2 strands, great coverage. Looking forward to seeing your lovely pattern started
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure