Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GK patterns - pricey?

GK patterns - pricey?

Hello, I am new to the forum. I just became aware of the Golden Kite site while researching cross-stitch patterns for "A Water Baby". The pattern is available from Golden Kite. However, the cost is $40.99 for just the pattern. I have never paid that much for a pattern - and a downloaded one at that. Can anyone tell me if the price is justified? It sounds like a lot of work goes into producing the patterns - perhaps much more than other sites that charge only a fraction of the amount. I am currently stitching "The Birth of Venus" from a downloaded pattern. It looks lovely, so far. It cost about $10.00, I believe. So, I am having trouble bringing myself to pay so much more. I will appreciate hearing from you. Thank you very much!

The cost is well worth it. These are wonderful patterns. I have purchased some from other websites and found these to be, by far, the best for creating a "painting." The color transitions are better and the overall finished project is just so much more beautiful.

Images
    Hi Jennifer, and welcome to GK! Bobbi has spoken very well. I too have stitched other charts, but now that I've found GK I'm hooked! I stitched 'A Water Baby' myself and loved every minute of it. The detail in the shell is amazing, as well as the reflection of the cliffs in the water. Also, I was blown away by seeing her lower leg through the water in addition to seeing the water itself. Oops, I'll have to stop raving about it now!

I hope you give GK a try. The charts are more detailed due to the blended threads that are in most of them, giving a much larger colour palette. They take a bit longer to stitch because of the detail, so actually they don't cost a lot more when you take the time spent stitching them into account. I don't begrudge one penny that I've spent here. If/when you do take the plunge, consider joining us in our Stitch-Alongs (SAL's) that we hold each week. They are great motivators, and we get to watch your progress. One of us will explain more when the time comes!
    Wendy

Thank you very much for your comments and your welcome. I do appreciate your input. I think I will have to give it a try!

Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to GK Jennifer as Wendy and Bobbi have both said the GK charts are second to none and are worth the price you pay for the work that goes into making the charts It is still only a fraction of what you would pay for the original artwork Wendy's 'A Water Baby' is spectacular and if you go into WIP you should be able to find her thread which will hopefully show her finished work If I get a minute I will find the link for you
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Welcome to the bord Jennifer. All I can do is echo what everyone else has said. You should have a look in the gallery at the finished results. They are truly stunning.

And, if you go for the charts when the sales are on you save a lot of money. Though sales on the GK website are a dangerous thing and I get a tendency to develop serious clicky finger.

Images
    Welcome Jennifer,
    I thought so also them being to high, but there are so many more colors in it the result is fantastic. If you buy 3 pattern at a time you get an extra 30% off, it does not matter if they are on sale or not you can mix it up.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    You just gotta pay for quality and GK pattern are the best
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

You've convinced me. I shall take the plunge and purchase the pattern. Ummm. Do you know when a sale might occur?

Images
    One just finished, Jennifer, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before the next one. I always get notifications in my email. It's not always the same charts on sale - sometimes there is a theme, like scenery or children, and sometimes it seems like a random selection.
    Wendy