Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday GK SAL

Images
    Glenda that's a pretty one, the colours are lovely and it's a nice size to stitch. That's about the size I need for the blocks on 14ct so I'll have a shufty on the bay of evil and see if they have any cheap kits
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Beautiful colours Glenda! Actually it was your suggestion that prompted me to just have one thread. You were absolutely right that it could be confusing to newcomers, and this way we can keep our conversations running smoothly. Thanks!
    Wendy

Images
    I'm in with my Map and maybe the Montage.

Sorry to hear about your job Carmen, it may work out for you, you never know.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    I'm in this weekend with the Marquise of course
    I also just had a friend find a frame article, it's for quilts but I bet a large version for cross stitch would be great if it can be folded and put under a bed if need be..or stood up...Here's the picture she sent
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	6686Looks like it has ratchets on the side to tension the poles, might be perfect for The Lady and Unicorn, or any big big project I bet the poles can be changed out, a quilt friend of mine is sending it in the mail for me as I asked if she had any vintage frame articles( she's a quilting librarian, so it's intense her collection of stuff! Lol) and she found this one for me! Totally cheered up my day as I really don't want to damage the Lady with my giant QSnap frame; the Marquise fits just across, I'll have to 'felt' the top part once I reach the bottom to hold her in, but most of her edges are always inside the snaps, that won't happen with the Lady, it may be months at a time she's held down tightly if I use my current frame, or I release her after each stitch session? What's the protocol for these big projects as to tension and time in frame?
    What do you advise ladies?
    Should I be relaxing my cloth each night?
    I think a giant frame roller type might be the best option, I can fold it and stand her against a wall when I want to sew, or move, or breathe in my room lol!
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson

Hi, all, I'm back after a very long absence - so long that I've forgotten how to upload progress photos, so this should be interesting. I'm working on a non-GK project, Boyarina Morozova, from a painting by the Russian artist V.I. Surikov. The pattern is one I ran through professional pattern software, back before I could afford a custom GK pattern. Hoping I can figure out how to post a photo. I have one more page before it's half done.
    Meg Lark

Images
    Great to have you back Meg! The the third icon from the right, above, is the one to post photos. It should be easy from there, but if you have any questions, just ask.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Images
    well I did type a reply but it hasn't posted

anyway Glad to have you back Meg and look forward to seeing your progress when you have remembered how to upload your photos
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Carmen, I totally missed your post last night. That's a beautiful quilting frame! Do you think you could get the tension you want for a cross stitch project? I always relax my cloth each night. When I used Q-Snaps I would just give a couple of the snaps a turn inward, and turn them back out the next day. I kept the snaps on until I had to move my fabric, but I always used a piece of cloth over the stitched area to protect it. Now I use scroll rods, but I do loosen them each night.
    Wendy

Images
    My stitching is done for this SAL so I'm posting my photos now. I've finished!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woman in a Green Jacket 004.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	6688 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woman in a Green Jacket 009.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	6689
    Wendy

Images
    Congrats Wendy!!!!!
    It must feel Awesome!!!
    Beautiful piece!!!
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson