Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday GK SAL

Images
    Abi, do you think that you're still in the 'let-down' phase after finishing your Picture Gallery? Mine is nowhere as big as yours was, but now that I'm almost finished I'm in no hurry to start another one immediately. Possibly the fact that the golf courses are going to start opening within a week is a factor though. I do have a few GK charts but some of them are quite large and I'm not wanting to start a big one, and as some of you have said, my tastes have changed since buying them. My daughter was home last night and she helped me to edit photos of my Cambodian dancer. I'll post a couple of versions later today to get some opinions on what I should do with her.
    Last edited by WendyLee; 04-14-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    Wendy

Images
    Based on some suggestions in another thread, I'm going to be announcing our SAL's each week on only one thread so it won't be so confusing as to which thread to post progress photos. Therefore, this week is our SAL for both GK and non-GK projects. I'll be continuing on with my Woman and I'm hoping to have her finished before the end of the weekend! Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy I think your right about the let down phase, it feels like there's nothing to work towards now! I'm sure I will get back to normal soon and a few quilt blocks will shake things up for me I bet at the moment your more looking forward to giving your clubs a good work out than choosing another pattern and I don't blame you one little bit, enjoy

Edit......I'm in with GK Roses and anything else I decide to stitch
    Last edited by Abi; 04-14-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Glenda those are just the tip of the iceberg I have in the wishlist
    I think there's about 15 charts in there! Lol
    I also have a few kits that don't speak to me anymore and I think I'll just stash them for now, or donate to my nieces 2 of the 3 are crafty due to Aunties influence!
    The Lady will be my companion for a long time to come, the Marquise is coming along, on the last row of page 1 today, feeling happy and bright as the colors have lightened abit on the curtain I only had printed off the first few pages so I went back in and printed the whole line now, her head top/hair is in page 7! So excited now! I might go off course at that part and do her head and neck, just to have her with me as I stitch the rest of her dress and room
    I got some bad news today...
    Things are not good at work, apparently the company and the stores were sold last week It's new management now!
    Everyone is freaking out and calling/texting today about the announcement, and it happens on my day off! We are such a small side store, the main store is huge, there's talk that our store will close now and some of us will go to the big garden center across town...I'm not that senior, and only a part timer( 4 days) ; So I'm bracing for a let go ladies It's just the start of the season, but finding a good job is hard
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson

Images
    Oh Carmen, I'm sorry to hear this news. Surely during the transition, and with the spring growing season upon us they will have need for all of their staff for a few months. All the best to you - I'll be thinking of you.

On the flip side, you should be stitching her hair before you know it, especially at the speed you stitch! I can't wait to see her!
    Wendy

Images
    Carmen sorry about the news on the work front, fingers X it wont be bad news for you Enjoy your stitching!
    Abi.....

Blog Entries
    Images
    Carmen I am sorry about your job front xx I will keep my fingers crossed for you too xx

Everyone has done such wonderful work this last week Wendy you are so close now and I am getting excited for you

I can understand you Abi, sometimes you look at the charts and think 'so much work' and I think you are doing the right thing in having a break from it and I hope you will show us some of your quilting

I have not had time to stitch at all this week - you would think I would have all the time in the world with Pete being away - mmmmmmm the boys' dad is working away this week and so I have had to step in a wee bit more than I would really have wanted to - mind you I have enjoyed having them of course Alexander's speech is brilliant and you have to be careful what you say in front of him now as he repeats everything - yesterday something fell and thankfully I just said 'oh flip' and out of his mouth came 'oh blip' lol so cute I have to say Oliver still talks in his own language and is too lazy to open his mouth lol he is so laid back most of the time he just can't be bothered

anyway hopefully tonight I may be able to settle and stitch as I don't have the boys again until Monday morning for a couple of hours - woohoo
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Thanks, Wendy. I'm in with The Reading Lesson. Wendy, I'm glad you decided to do both SALs in the one thread because conversations can carry over and won't be chopped off more or less in mid-sentence! I've got something to discuss but I haven't got the energy right now. It's not urgent.

Images
    Chris those boys sound adorable I will show the x stitched quilt motifs when I stitch some.

Glenda Reading Lesson, which pattern is that?
    Abi.....

Images
    It's a Heritage Crafts kit, Abi. It's only 80 x 110 stitches so it shouldn't take long. I think it's the colours that made me buy it - and I do mean MADE me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The reading lesson 2.jpg