Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday GK SAL

Images
    Carmen you might be right about the Roses being life sized I'll try and get a close up pic when it's filled in but my camera isn't the best! I like the chart 2045 and haven't noticed it before

Wendy get your skates on and choose something quick, we cant have you sadly lacking without anything to stitch
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Well, I'll have a bit of knitting to hold me for a bit, but not for long!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, you dithered last time and couldn't make your mind up then either! I just can't comprehend anyone not having a heap of stuff screaming at them to be stitched next!

Images
    What's in your wishlist Wendy??
    God help me if anything on mine goes for sale I'll be stockpiling charts lol! I guess I'll need something to go with the Lady, as I figured out today that I'm averaging about 3-500 stitches a day roughly, so the lady would be 1742 days of work if I did just her at that level, so 4.5 years roughly! I'm hoping for 6-7 years to be finished it as I want to do a few others already, like the #2045, still life I mentioned, and the beautiful #1074: the Arab Tent by Landseer and of course for my Poppa I'm getting the Shepards Chief Mourner by Landseer made for me soon. A bunch of Lilacs by Tissot#1733 also calls to me with that mirror finish on the floor and the dress is divine!
    Its so hard to choose ! Lol
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson

Images
    Is that all on your 'to do' list, Carmen? I've got a huge pile of kits I want to do, heaps of paper charts, plus all the pdf files I've bought from here, there and everywhere. In number the pdf's are a fraction of the others but they're all much, much bigger so in stitches they're probably equivalent to all the other stuff. There's a lot of stuff in my stash I need to sell because my tastes have changed (story of my life).

Images
    Glenda I think we all change, at the moment I don't want to stitch anything! I just cant settle and forcing myself to stitch isn't helping
    Abi.....

Images
    I never rush into selling off anything in my stash because I know I go through phases, but some things I know I'll never go back to liking. I feel a bit the same as you at the moment, Abi, though in my case it's not that I don't want to stitch at all - I just want something easy. No confetti, no blended threads, nothing with three strands, nothing that's going to tax my brain at all and nothing that's going to make me feel that I won't finish it this side of the 21st century! The big stuff is all very well but I can't do that sort of stuff all the time. My roses are bugging me at the moment because of the 3 strands and the blended threads, but it got worse when I started filling in the black & dark green bits between the flowers. The black really jarred on me and the whole thing lost its airy lightness. I even felt the same when I looked at the packet, and what didn't help was that the colours are lighter on the packet than in real life. I won't desert it completely but I need a break. Even if I only stitch on it for 2 weeks to a month between other projects it'll get done and it'll save my sanity (I hope).

Last night I went through my stash looking for something simple but most of my favourites used 3 strands or they were for Anchor threads that I don't have. I need to order some but I want to buy a heap at once to make the postage worth it so I have to get out my charts and make up a list of the ones I need, but that's not going to happen any time soon. It may be available somewhere in Ballarat but a lot of needlework shops have closed down and a lot that remain don't stock Anchor.

Anyway, I narrowed it down to two WIPs (one fairly large but reasonably easy), a sampler that I want to change the alphabet on, a fairly easy but large(ish) gorgeous Vervaco (I need to go somewhere to do a working copy of the chart first) and a small 5.5 x 7.5 inch kit. I don't usually do really small designs but I like this one and it shouldn't take very long to do - less than a month, hopefully. It'll give me the break I need. I think I've been too obsessed about wanting to stitch all my stash in the next 6 months and it's worn me out.

Images
    Glenda I did exactly the same as you and found all my chart are big ones and mostly ones that have dark dismal backgrounds or stuff I'm not loving anymore. It doesn't help having no wall space so I have decided that I'm going to stitch some quilt blocks for Love Quilts and go mad with the colours and designs and do some light hearted cheerful stitching for a change I'll stitch the Roses for the sal and have fun during the week and the blocks will go to a good cause instead of in the drawer or the bin.I hate feeling like this about my stitching because I do love it!

Edit.. I should have said I don't want to stitch on the 2 projects I have on the go now, I'm dying to stitch something small and either cute or silly

It's a shame about your Roses as up to now it's gorgeous, pity it's not 2 just strands of solid colours though!
    Last edited by Abi; 04-14-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    Abi.....

Images
    I take it you mean you want a bit of light relief in your stitching. The big ones are enjoyable but they can be rather hard slog at times so it's understandable that we want to break out and do something else that's "fun" occasionally. The main reason I don't do small stuff is because there are often only tiny areas of each colour, often with lots of bare background and nowhere to hide the threads when you finish off. I know I've made a fair bit of progress on the roses but I felt I was often spending more time staring at it and wondering which bit to stitch next than actually stitching, so I felt progress was going to be rather slow. A simple project that's quick to do will give me a sense of accomplishment again. I've got a stack of other dimensions gold kits I want to do but some of them have 5 strands of thread in places. I just want TWO threads and no blends, and no confetti!! Is that too much to ask???!!!! I want the picture to be a nice one with lots of detail, of course. I hope you enjoy doing your quilts and that they're really appreciated! Putting a smile on someone else's face should make you feel good so it's a win-win all round. I wanted to do a few afghans at one stage - one with country companions motifs all over it, another of cottages, another of flowers. I might get one made 'one day'. I've got the fabric if I ever find the time.

Images
    Exactly, light relief and fun is just what I need, no blends confetti or massive patterns but I will have to do the dreaded BS!! I'm going to stitch a smiley green dragon

I don't often look at the Love Quilts site as it's heartbreaking but I'm always amazed at the bravery and courage those kid's and the parent's have and wonder how they keep going, bless them all
    Abi.....