Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday GK SAL

Hybrid View

Images

April Friday - Monday GK SAL

You people are probably getting ready to fire me - I'm late with the SAL again!! This week is our SAL for GK projects and I'll be continuing on with my Woman. I'm not sure how much stitching time I'll have though. Peter's sister may be coming tomorrow and staying until Sunday, but there is snow in the forecast for Sunday so she may cancel. I rather hope she does. I don't enjoy having overnight guests, and I don't enjoy being one. I must be getting old and crotchety! Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Oops, I was about to write that I'll be in, but we just had the non-GK one. I must be getting old and senile.

I too hate staying overnight at people's places, or most people. I think my bed must be the only comfortable one in the whole world, but it's not just that. I just don't feel comfortable at most people's places and feel I'm in the way or a nuisance. I've got one friend I'm okay with but with most people I feel myself relaxing when I leave. I must be getting old and selfish. Actually, I've always felt that way, probably because I tend to not want to be a nuisance in other people's homes, while I've had one or two treat my place as a hotel, even to going to their room and shutting the door to read during the day time. Why do they visit if they don't want to talk to me? Am I just a cheap (free) motel?

Images
    I'm in, with the Marquise of course,

Ah house guests...even with Mom 2 here for the next week, I don't have many visitors usually, hence why I set up in the spare room rather than move my whole sewing room apart at the beginning lol,
    The bed in that room leans up against the wall and my spare folding table is there for recyclables, etc, it's a junk room lol, I clear it out/ organize it abit, put down the bed ( box spring on floor kinda deal) and they stay, they are never really comfy with the odd box or stack of magazines around them, a small lamp, no side table, no chair...maybe that's why they don't stay long...they know they are in a "spare" room lol...not a guest room hotel like place..and they have to get out of the room for any kind of comfort ...Each time someone says " this would be a great guest room if you added..." I smile and say maybe .... Hehe ,
    I love my home and enjoy their visits but It's my home and run by my rules, a girlfriend of one of my husbands good friends tried to get me to lock up my animals while they visited( 2poms and 2cats!) No way missy! They are my furry children and this is their home I told her! She didn't stay long, at my house or the guys life! Lol

Images
    Thanks Wendy I'm in, I don't even like going away on holiday for longer than a weekend, boring or what!
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    I will be in at some point - Pete's sister is here until sunday but am sure I will be able to stitch
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    I can't believe how like-minded we all are!
    Wendy

Images
    I'm the same the only one that I don't mind is my sister, she is no problem at all. Everyone else you feel you have to talk to all the time, it's always nice to have your house back. I guess we are all set in our way, I do need some company every one in a while so I clean my house up better. lol That all said you are all welcome to stay with me if you ever come this way....
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

I'll be sitting here waiting for the pictures. . Hopefully will get back to the flowers soon. Life has just got in the way recently. Work is now sort of sorted. I still have a job but it really is a case of 'careful what you wish for'. I got my wish and boy is it a challenge. First week with new customer and I have had to take three days sick. Some gastric virus/bug thing that has left me completely exhausted and washed out. My manager knew it was bad as he knows I do not take time off for sickness. Then my partner Ian gets it and is up and about the next day as if nothing has happened!!! Mind you, he really suffered in that 24 hours. 4 days after my bout and I am still feeling weak and weedy.

So l am pulling up a chair, putting my feet up, picking up my crochet, and will watch the updates come in.

Blog Entries
    Images
    I hope to get a bit of stitching done tonight - didn't manage it whilst my sister in law was here as it was easier to talk and knit - mistakes are easier to undo on knitting so tonight apart from the babies being here but they will be asleep, I will stitch so won't be much difference from the last SAL but hopefully the rest of the week I will be able to do more ready for the next SAL
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Oh Rachele, poor you! I hope you're feeling better today. I didn't get much done either, but I'm hoping for more stitching time today.
    Wendy