Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 199 The Marquise de Pompadour WIP

Blog Entries
    Images
    WOW!! Carmen so much information and I understand it too and you really are storming along with the Marquis

my crafts are my life too aside from my family of course and as your neighbour will find out in the fall twins do tend to take up a lot of time especially at first but being Grandma I still get lots of time for my crafts and if I get my act together I will get some more quilting done for the boys but at the moment I am not in the mood for cutting pressing and sitting at the sewing machine
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    This is so much information to absorb Carmen! It makes sense, but I'll have to go back and read it again slowly so that I can digest it! Stitching is my life in winter, along with bowling. Summer is different and I practically live on the golf course - I'm just waiting for the courses to open!
    Wendy

Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	545.2 KB 
ID:	6671Where I stopped last night, on the last color of row 3, wanted to finish but my eyes were getting tired A lot more confetti in this row, see all the tiffs! I also parked some colors that are only on the top into row 3 ahead of time rather than end them...well off to work so I can afford more thread! Lol

Images
    We're seeing lots of detail in even this small section Carmen. Beautiful progress!
    Wendy

Images
    http://www.goldenkiteforum.com/showthread.php?8115-<!--vBET_SNTA--><!--vBET_NRE-->3381-King-of-Hearts<!--vBET_ENTA-->&p=143792#post143792

I can understand most of what you've said because of my research last year, but this word tiffs keeps getting to me.

You might be interested to have a look at the simple stand I made myself a few weeks ago. Okay, a friend made it for me while I gave instructions. I did a wee bit of it. You sound fairly practical so you should be able to make yourself one. There's a good picture of another one someone made in the 'set-up' section of the gallery but I've just tacked mine onto my WIP thread for now.

Images
    Tiff
    noun
    a petty quarrel, especially one between friends or lovers. ( as per Internet search)
    Racheal had a tiff with her boyfriend is an example

or my version:

" my threads are having a tiff because I cut them off!" LOL

also it's just a cute word to me for a tuff of thread, but since they are abit miffed at being cut I called them Tiffs!

Images
    I love it Carmen!!
    Wendy

Images
    Got a few hours in today despite worrying about work,
    funny though, an email came through in the late afternoon from a place I applied to like last summer!?asking if I was interested still; I went and said I was interested...so I'll see where that leads! I like to follow what the universe seems to be telling me to do, it's usually a good thing Plus the heat was getting to me already this year, it might be best to go to an indoor job with AC! Lol,
    heres the end of tonight's few hours...as you can see I leaked into the last row of page 1, it was more to save threads as I travelled down the dark patch I did miss a few stitches but they are filled in by the next color
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	6683Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	561.4 KB 
ID:	6684
    "But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more."

Hans Christian Anderson

Blog Entries
    Images
    fabulous progress Carmen and I love your version of TIFF
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Carmen, the timing of that email was impeccable! Something good will happen, one way or the other. I'm envious of your heat. Our golf courses are starting to open, but the temperature has dropped again and only the hardiest will be golfing. Sunday will be beautiful and then the temperature will drop again. Oh well - someday ....
    Wendy