Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: April Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Images
    Carmen, you need to do it in the forums rather than the gallery. You can do a folder in the WIP section of the gallery (you haven't) but you can't 'talk' like you can in the forums. If you click on the link I put in my post above it'll take you to the right section and you just start your own thread. Every time you update your thread it'll jump to the top (except for the sticky threads that always stay at the top).

When I print my charts I cut off all the writing above and below the chart so the chart part fills the entire page. When you're in the pdf file, click on Edit, then on Take a Snapshot, then drag your mouse across the part of the picture you want to print, then click print. On one of the first charts I bought (which I'll probably never stitch), I split each chart page over two pages by dragging over half the page and printing it, then doing the bottom half of the page. I had to label my pages a and b so I knew what they were but that was no drama.

I don't park much but I use the principles a bit and I'll go a few stitches to one side if there's only a few odd stitches in that colour that I could do. I've seen where others only stitch from the top. I think some would have really long tails because they can often be missed even if there's a lot of stitches around them. It all depends which direction the back of the stitches go. Some people only work one 10x10 grid square at a time, others do 20 wide,others even more. It's just what you find easiest. I've seen a few people who'll jump 40 stitches on the back when parking but a lot don't go quite that far. I personally don't think it matters if the thread will end up under a few stitches, though it may become hard to push the needle through when there's more thread on the back. I hate threading under so I'll often jump a lot further than others do, but I try and thread under a stitch every inch if I can.

Images
    I never look at the wip section in the Gallery, I just mainly look there for new finishes and if I want to vote for a pic.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    I am the same as you Abi

Glenda I love you you always have the links we need to check on things - I lose where I am when I am on here as I click from one thing to another then I forget where I was lol - mmmmmm maybe I had better book the room next to my mother in law just in case hehehe

looking forward to stitching on my boys again tonight - was out for a gorgeous meal with more gorgeous people we haven't see for a couple of years and it was as if we had only seen each other last week apart from all the gossip and catching up we did of course
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    The search engine works pretty well if you're trying to find something in the forums. That's not how I found my past limericks but I've used it for other things before.

Images
    I stitch one color one page at a time love going cross country. I got all my needles threaded, the parking thing is to confusing for me, I think it would take me to long to change needles all the time.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    I stitch a page at a time like Angela, I start off using one colour but then I drift off and do the bits I fancy

Chris book me into the room next door to you! I gave OH his tea tonight and when he was half way through I realised I hadn't given him any veg and it was still sitting in the pans on the cooker
    Abi.....

Images
    Yikes Abi!
    Wendy

Images
    Is it kinda sad that while sailing I was wondering why there are no good sailboat GK pictures? LOL

like the classic Bluenose boat type painting from the 1800's or a harbour type painting by Vermeer( can never remember it's name).
    Speaking of sad; I was thinking tonight about a few things... I think I will request a Edwin Landseer painting in the next year to do when my grandfather passes, which will be soon they say, like in the fall...I was thinking about him a lot tonight, and I'm glad I have his stubborn streak to carry me through these projects
    heres the painting:

The shepards chief mourner
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	6631
    I'll request it as its real size, 45/61 cm only, so like 16/26 inches I think? than when I am sad I can work on it rather than my big projects, I have always found this painting shows a real depth of loss, I imagine stitching it will bring tears but happy ones also by the end...Plus I don't want my Unicorn ( symbol of life's desires) and the Marquise ( intelligence, grace and verve) to be associated with grief when I see them...that may be abit selfish but I'm very emotional and memory is a powerful thing, I think the picture that shows the grief should hold that memory and be a consolation in the future of that memory.
    I hope you get what I mean.
    In happier news, did a few stitches tonight after sailing and am close to getting the first row complete in page one It's like a tiny victory!

Images
    Carmen I couldn't stitch that painting as lovely as it is. In fact I bought a pattern of the painting but last week I deleted it because it brought back sad memories and I want to feel happy while I'm stitching not sad
    Abi.....

Images
    http://www.goldenkiteforum.com/galle...images.php?c=6

Have you found the suggestions gallery yet? You can upload a picture of anything you'd like done and others can vote on it. It doesn't even have to be anything you want to stitch yourself. The link is for the first page of the suggestions gallery and just under the pictures on the left there's a link to upload images. Just make sure the artist died more than 70 years ago. There's a link in the top section that explains the rules. If you can find a picture without a watermark it would be best. I think the best pictures are the ones that bring back good memories. While your memories may be sad, they're still good, if you know what I mean. If you want sailing pictures, it's up to you to find some good ones that Marcus likes. I've uploaded heaps of pics and a few have been charted, and most were quite different to the sort of stuff already on the site, so Marcus is open to new ideas. A few get charted that don't get many votes so either Marcus thinks they're worthwhile or someone asks to have them charted as a pre-release.