Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thread buying...What's best?

Images
    Morning,
    gridding is almost done! But I have been watching a lot of YouTube cross stitch videos, one of the ladies, wish I could remember now had her blended pre strung on a pako needle holder, with the symbol of course. With 33 blended color symbols in the Marquise, I think that would make it so much easier and quicker for just a few stitches, than just put back, and if too small she re threads a new one. I think I will try her method, I wish I could know who it was again but after a few hours of videos it's lost... some were very simple stuff, some were good for seeing how they organize etc...Everyone is SO different! I love that as than whatever I do won't be "wrong" just " my way" LOL
    Ill be parking for the 4th time of my life for this project so I was watching parking videos! I'm not very strict staying in my rows though, if the symbol goes a few more into the one beside it I go too I'm going to stay small, just one 10 stitch row at a time for this project, my first page line has 8 blended already, and 15 other symbols just for some curtain!
    But first, finish the grid and than my dentist appointment( how dare they interrupt my stitching for teeth cleaning!) and the whole afternoon I can dive in !

Images
    I read there's a pdf of all the symbols so I can print and use? But where do I find it Please??

Images
    Carmen sorry but I cant find the symbol download any more I'm sure it was under free downloads but its not so hopefully someone else knows where it is.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    If anyone has downloaded it, or maybe has a copy, they can scan it to me at haysc21@gmail.com.

oh, and The Marquise de Pompadour has begun! Just starting the third color in block one LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	6614

Images
    Carmen I haven't got a copy anymore, I just enlarge the symbol key on the pattern I'm stitching and use those symbols if I need to.Doing it that way your sure you have all the right symbols.Enjoy your new start
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Geez! Why did I not think of that! Thanks Abi!

Images
    I've sent you an email. I can't find it on the site and I remember thinking last time I saw it that it's in a VERY obscure place and it's no wonder nobody can ever find it. I've been trying to find a picture of what I did on my last project but it obviously wasn't in any of the SALs. I read a couple of funny limericks as I was hunting around. I thought of one for Carmen today but it hasn't got a last line yet.

I printed just the symbols from the pdf of my pattern and I only did half a page of symbols at a time so they were enlarged. If you don't know how to print just part of a page in a pdf, click on Edit, then on Take a Snapshot, then drag the mouse across the bit you want to print, then click print. I didn't print the numbers for the blended threads but wrote the numbers in by hand afterwards (the colour descriptions would have taken up too much space). Because I only printed half a page of symbols per page they ended up larger and in a single row down the middle of the page. For a floss holder I just folded the left side of the page under and punched holes down the left next to the symbols. Mine was only 150 x 194 so the holes may have pulled out by time I'd finished if it'd been larger, but I'll use this method in future and just reprint the pages if necessary.

Images
    http://www.goldenkiteforum.com/gallery/index.php?c=13

http://www.goldenkiteforum.com/showthread.php?7238-Parking/page6

Have a read of the last page of the parking thread. I found the two sites I posted to be the most helpful ones I've ever seen on parking. The other page is a few sections of gallery that may give you some good set up ideas. I should post a picture of my stand there.

Images
    Thank you so much Glenda!! Ill read those articles right away

Ive posted today's work in the WIP I think? Not sure I did it right, I'm 80% done the second section, so like 180 or so stitches into 261,000 LOL !
    but here's a quick picture , I'm done till probably Tuesday again now, Work and my husband wants to sail in the evenings this weekend, it will be wonderful to finially get out on the water again after the winter
    Happy SAL to you all!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	6616
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Images
    Carmen, this is the SAL where we all show our progress weekly. You don't HAVE to join in but it might help keep you motivated when things start getting on top of you (confetti, size, colour, etc). We have some interesting discussions about technique and where to buy things as well, eg. needles, fabric, etc.

Wendy usually announces the start of each SAL on Thursday and from Tuesday onwards we post pictures of what we've done in the last few days. We alternate between GK only and GK & non-GK. Sometimes I forget to take a before picture and just use the after picture from the previous SAL. We just started this one so all you need to do is say you'll join in, then come back in a few days time and post a picture of where you're up to. If you don't stitch much on the weekend you can always wait till Wed to post your pictures, but we'll see what you've done since the last SAL anyway.