Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thread buying...What's best?

Images
    You're going right to town on this Carmen! There's a good chance that you'll be finished before your chart and supplies arrive. We just got Netflix in December and I love it! I hadn't watched Downton Abbey before, so I was able to binge watch. Actually, I just watched the season 6 finale yesterday and I'm so sorry that it's over. There are a number of British series there that I loved and watched one after the other.
    Wendy

Images
    Carmen, that's a very sweet pattern. And I love cats.

Wendy, Downton Abbey was also on the Dutch television. I have only missed one episode in all those years. Great series. Such a shame it stopped. Most British series are very good. As well is there humour in series. I never look at any Dutch series on tv. Isn't that awful. I just don't like them. And because I have too much to stitch of course.
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Has season 6 finished yet in the Netherlands Mireille? I wish it could have gone on for years and years.
    Wendy

Images
    I have never watched a single episode of Downton Jane said I should be ashamed of myself
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    You haven't missed anything, Abi. It was just one scandal after another and all totally over the top. I hate tv shows that involve super bitches who are presented as being normal.

Images
    Oh, I thought it was awesome and I was riveted! We have to remember that it was what the aristocracy and their minions were like a hundred years ago. Give it a try Abi!
    Wendy

Images
    Fabric came! I think I will grid after dinner It's SO big! Once I grid the two outer lines I'll have a better idea of where and how much to trim off, I like to have a 6 inch edge at least. I ordered 2.5 yards by 60", one natural, one in white, the natural for the Lady and the white for the Marquis ; I ordered the same amount as I wanted some white for a third project in the future maybe Yes I'm crazy! I got it for 9$ a yard at Fabric.com, it's nice and thick and feels good, tension will not be an issue I think with my large frame, I read about using felt under the snaps to better tension it, and protect my stitched areas( yeah like in 6 months! Lol)

For gridding I usually use the nylon easy grid red stuff, but I also bought some bright blue 10 lb. ice-fishing line this time to try it as it is way cheaper!( 4$ For 100 yards! compared to 15$) And I wanted the blue for the Marquis, I'll use my good red stuff for the Lady and Unicorn maybe, but I'll be gridding the Marquis first to try out the blue, if I like it I won't order the red and just get more blue fishing line

Dowton Abbey is awesome! I feel sad if you've never seen it! I love looking into the backgrounds to see the art and furnishings, just fabulous!

Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	6603Ready to grid finially! I had to add fabric to the edges to make the Marquise Aida work in my frame but it's rather nice and has good tension! But first, dinner and than I grid UG! Here's what it looks like at the corners
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	6604My "arm leaning/fabric holding cover" keeps the extra Aida pretty neat, I'm happy with making it today, took awhile with the elastic going through it twice, but it looks like it will work Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	945.5 KB 
ID:	6605
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenough View Post
    You haven't missed anything, Abi. It was just one scandal after another and all totally over the top. I hate tv shows that involve super bitches who are presented as being normal.
    Glenda I love it when you say what your thinking, great stuff

Carmen your all set to go now
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Blog Entries
    Images
    Morning Carmen you are all set now just your threads to arrive I have never thought of using fishing line for gridding - mmmmmm may have to go in the garage and 'fish' some out - mind you don't think Pete would be too pleased if I stole his line - he needs it next week as he is off to France with his mate for a fishing trip - couldn't think of anything worse but at least I get a weeks peace here doing what I want as and when I want to and NO MEAT for a whole week

I watched the first 4 series of downton abbey and didn't watch the last two as I really was bored with the characters - can't cope with women being wet behind the ears If I was around in the 1920's I would have been tied to the railings next to Emiline Pankhurst I have the tv on when I am stitching/knitting but I don't particularly watch it - sometimes I just put the radio on and listen to music - we have one of those smart tv's so can have youtube on too and a host of other things I haven't tried yet and probably won't

Carmen the kittens are so pretty and you will have that done soon and by then your threads will be here and you can start your unicorn
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk