Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: March Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Images

March Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Good morning all! This weekend will be our SAL for both GK and non-GK projects. I haven't picked up my needle since last Monday so I'll be raring to go. I should be home all weekend playing both nurse and taxi driver, so I'm sure I'll have lots of stitching time on my Woman. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    I've finished the hair and faces so I'll be in with lots and lots of cream stitches - all in three colours.

Images
    I'm in this time!
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Thanks Wendy I'm in.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Glenda, are you liking the hair and faces better now that they are finished?
    Wendy

Images
    It's a very quiet day here today and I'm lonesome for all of you. We've had some good news! My daughter interviewed for two jobs and was offered one of them! They haven't made a decision on the other one yet, but she feels that she is a front-runner. It's interesting, but when she applied for them she wasn't very interested in the second one, but after her interview she was very excited about it. That is the one that was offered, so she is ecstatic! It is in a city about 1 1/2 hours drive - her previous job was three hours away. The other job (the one that the decision hasn't been made yet) is local. They would like for her to start tomorrow, but she has to find a place to live first! She and her boyfriend are still working on getting her back to the US, but that won't be happening any time soon so she has to work. I'm hoping that she'll meet new people and the boyfriend will just fade into the background. I've not been very impressed about how he's been handling their current situation.
    Wendy

Images
    Hello Wendy, glad to hear that your daughter is moving on, so hopefully she find someone better for her.

We had a interesting Saturday, Scott woke me up yesterday saying Misty ( cat) broke her leg. she jumped or fell. Well she is in a large splint now and has to have it on for 4 to 8 weeks. Have you ever tried to tell a cat don't move around and don't jump. She is doing great and is confined to a small room. She broke it at her ankle so that is a spot that does not heal well or fast.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Wendy that's great news and it's brightened up a dull and cold afternoon Lets hope that she loves her job and finds somewhere nice to live where she can be happy and content in Canada.
    Hows Peter doing?

Angela I'm sorry to hear the news about your cat lets hope she heals quickly and gets back to normal soon
    Abi.....

Images
    Oh Angela, that's too bad about Misty. I hope that she's not in too much pain.

Thanks Abi and Angela! She has been doing an apartment search online and has found a shared condo (with a 50 year-old woman, an instructor at a community college) as a short-term rental with a very reasonable rent. She will have her own bedroom and bathroom. She can then have some time to search for her own apartment at leisure. She's not happy sharing, but one month should be tolerable. I've seen photos of the condo and it looks lovely. She'll drive up tomorrow to meet the woman and see the condo, and if all seems ok she'll just stay right there and start work the next day.

Abi, Peter is doing great! He's miffed that he isn't allowed to drive for three weeks. His stitches will come out on Wednesday afternoon, so he can't have a decent shower until then. He feels very stupid - foggy in his brain, and I can notice it in him too. I let him wash his hair in the kitchen sink because that was the only place that would work, and he had to lean forward to do it. He couldn't even think to take his glasses off! If his brain is working that slowly it's just as well that he doesn't drive.
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy its great news that he's doing so well the fuzzy brain thing will wear off in a few days and then he will run rings round you
    I'm glad to hear about the condo, it could be a wise move so she doesn't rush into renting something just for the sake of it and then down the line regretting it. I do hope she's happy
    Abi.....