Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: January Friday - Monday GK SAL

Images
    Bobbi thank you, I don't suppose we'll ever really know what's over the wall Your girls hand is just as lovely whichever way up it is, nice work! How many pages are left to finish her, she's gorgeous
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thank you so much Abi and Bobbi! I think they are feeding the ducks too! Bobbi, I have no idea where I will hang her - she won't go with anything in the house. I'm not going to worry about it now, there's lots of time before I finish. Perhaps I'll have to give it to one of my sisters! Your girl is looking so lovely. I can understand exactly what you mean about finishing the page on the right hand side, because that's what I'm getting into now. Lots of confetti!

Well, my daughter would have been allowed into the US, but only if some papers were filled in that she would have to turn in when she exited the same day or risk arrest, if you can imagine that! She opted to stay with the very friendly border guard to learn all her options and came out two hours later armed with all sorts of information that she has to digest. If she had filled out and submitted Freedom of Information forms, she may have waited six or more months to hear from them, and maybe then not learning everything she needed to know. This was perfect and she picked his mind clean! Now she'll have to talk with Ray to explain their situation, and then he will likely have to go back to the international lawyer again. She does think there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, but it will take some time.

On the positive side, she feels that there will be the opportunity of a lengthy contract position in this company, so she can be employed while she is waiting.
    Last edited by WendyLee; 01-20-2016 at 04:06 AM.
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy that's a decent outcome, at least now she has hope and a possible job while she waits. I really hope it all turns out for the best
    Abi.....

Images
    Thanks Abi!
    Wendy

Images
    Abi, you're definitely an inspiration. If you get discouraged, listen hard and you'll hear us all cheering you on. I admire anyone who takes on the bigger patterns. I've got some myself and I'm encouraged to do them after watching everyone else. Maybe some of you don't think Gallery is 'big' but it is to me!

Chris, glad to see you're back into it and that your boys are growing again. You've done quite a lot recently. I'm like you and try to do a bit of confetti and then a bit of something else. It'd be too easy to stick to the easy stuff all the time but the fiddly stuff has to be done some time.

Bobbi, it must feel good to have those grapes almost done. How big is your picture overall? It's certainly grown since you re-joined the sal last year.

Wendy, I think your people are leaning over to admire your lovely neat stitching. I'm glad your daughter found someone helpful. At least she knows more about where she stands now, and she's not fighting with her hands tied behind her back.

I didn't get a huge amount done this week. I decided I didn't have to be a slave to my stitching but I must admit I did waste too much time on the computer. I didn't bother with a before picture but I haven't stitched on this since the end of the long sal. I mainly did cream above the baby's head. I'll have to think of a name for him. It keeps rejecting my before pic and I can't be bothered persevering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails king of hearts 4 Jan 16.jpg   King of hearts 20 Jan 16.jpg  

Images
    Lady's wonderful progress, everyone's stitching looks so good.

Wendy it's so messed up what a honest person has to go through... it's hard to find the words. Good luck to your daughter.

We got a snow day today, the roads iced up yesterday afternoon, so they closed schools. What a mess it was I had to trop my son of and it suddenly started, it was not heavy but with in a few minutes cars where in the ditches everywhere. We all made it home safe but it sure was scary.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Thanks for the cheers Glenda and for me Gallery feels big I like something about 400sts wide then it doesn't feel too daunting or a long thin pattern. I'm not keen on stitching small ones as they usually have a lot more confetti and to me they feel fiddly. I have just compared 2 different sized HAED patterns and the bigger one is definitely the easier stitch but a lot bigger but maybe all patterns aren't the same and maybe I wont end up stitching either of them?

Your baby looks lovely and so content lying there, you did a bid bunch of cream sts so that's great

Thanks Angela,be careful out there. Our snow has gone and it's foggy and icy Hows the map going?
    Last edited by Abi; 01-20-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    Abi.....

Images
    The map I just started is 600x600, 72 pages, Tilton Crafts pages have a lot more stitches on it than GK it seams like it takes forever. Like the stitch count For GK pages better plus they are bigger so easier to see.

Map is going good had to stitch the rim on the first page so not to much to see yet, but I'm getting excited about it.
    Last edited by Gela; 01-20-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Angela that's a big one and yes I noticed the 70 odd st wide pages and that put me off a bit, the GK and are much easier to see plus I'm so used to the symbols I prefer those as well. GK has spoiled me!

edit.. Angela if anyone can do it you can! you quietly get on with your stitching and unlike me you dont moan and whinge about confetti. Enjoy it and watch it grow
    Last edited by Abi; 01-20-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    Abi.....

Images
    Thank you Glenda and Angela, on both counts!

Glenda, your baby is adorable - the picture is perfectly named! Should we have a contest to name the baby? Don't be a slave to it, but we certainly do love to see your updates!

Take care Angela - ice is the absolute worst to drive in!
    Wendy