Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January Friday - Monday GK SAL

Images

January Friday - Monday GK SAL

Good morning all! This is the weekend for our GK SAL. It's supposed to be snowing here, so hopefully I can get a lot done on my Woman. Will anyone be joining in?
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy the forecast here is about the same, wind sleet snow and ice dont you just love it! So I'll stay in keep warm and stitch on Gallery.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    It's getting boring, isn't it Abi? Same thing every day!
    Wendy

Images
    Well not here in Missouri, today it's 62F (+16C) by Sunday morning it' so post to be 4F (-15C) So far this Year we had floods, snow and Spring like weather.
    Angela
    GK: Corner Of The Villa
    Other Projects: Cartography I and Spring Montage

Images
    Wendy for me snow and ice is a big change from all the rain but Gallery is getting a bit boring now

Angela we were the same here, very warm but with the endless rain and floods, , crazy weather!
    Abi.....

Images
    I'll do some of my baby. Hang in there with Gallery, Abi, because you're getting pretty close to finishing. 42 on Wed, 20 yesterday. We rarely go under about 11 in winter so our extremes are at the top end instead. I don't think I could handle the low temps the rest of you get!

Images
    Glenda was it an easy birth
    I don't feel like it's close to finishing This morning I was so sick of stitching and had no one to moan to I took myself off to the framers to look at frames and hopefully motivate myself into getting my mojo back. Anyway after a good moan and a coffee with the framer I felt better and decided to take Hafen back and have it re framed without the mat, I know more money wasted but removing the mat and going for a wider frame will give lose 6 inches across and down giving me more options where to hang it. I had it in the lounge on the only wall big enough but because of the patio doors the glare on the glass is awful and I cant live with closed curtains so I'm having that anti glare glass stuff as well. It will be ready in about 10 days as he had to order the frame and glass.

Edit and I got my mojo back so a few bob well spent
    Last edited by Abi; 01-14-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    Abi.....

Images
    Yes, it was an easy birth. I know you're not THAT close to finishing but concentrate on how much you've already achieved and it won't seem quite so bad. I'm glad you got your mojo back but I hope it doesn't disappear too often because it might end up fairly costly if you buy a new frame to get it back each time! I'm not a fan of mats for bigger pictures, and not even for most smaller ones. It's just one of those things.

Images
    It will be money well spent Abi, if it increases your enjoyment of your masterpiece! The anti-glare glass will give you more options.

I can't believe the major swings in temperature everyone seems to be having. On Monday it was 9c., and on Tuesday it was -18, with a wind chill of -25. We got 25 cm of snow yesterday, and today it was sunny but very cold.
    Wendy

Images
    Look on the bright side, Wendy. It could be freezing cold all the time or stinking hot all the time. Two years ago we had a 5-day stretch where it was around 42 every day, then we had a couple of cool days before another 5 days of stinking hot weather. It usually stays warm at night when it's like that and it's really hard to get proper sleep. Who knows what the rest of the summer has in store for us? I try to just take one day at a time and not worry about tomorrow.