Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: December Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Blog Entries
    Images
    Glenda, Abi, Rachele, Wendy and Leslie fantastic progress on all your beautiful projects xxx I am so envious because I just can't get to mine right now but I can see light at the end of the tunnel I have done the back and two sleeves and half of the front of the baby jumper hopefully the boys will sleep well today and tonight and I can maybe finish the front and do the neck tomorrow -unless they really sleep well and I can get to it tonight before bed the babies are staying overnight tonight

Rachele I so hope you feel better soon honey xxx
    hugs Chris x - GK WIP -Boys on the Shore
    http://smg.photobucket.com/home/merrick10uk

Images
    Thanks Wendy, I cant wait till you get to the end of the row and we can see more of the tree, lovely work

Thanks Chris, enjoy your knitting and roll on to the time when you can stitch again

Thanks Leslie, you stitched loads and the sky looks great. Get well soon
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thank you Abi and Chris!

Leslie and Rachele, I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Leslie, I can see loads of progress on your sky - you're zooming right along! Perhaps you'll get lots of stitching time in over the next two or three weeks. That wouldn't have been my type of Christmas party either. I can't stand the loud noise - not conducive to conversations at all!
    Wendy

Images
    Leslie, don't let them bury you with work. You can only do so much and if they don't want your services any more then they can hardly expect you to do twice as much in your last week. You made a lot of progress with your stitching so keep at it whenever you get the chance.

Wendy, another neat patch of colour. Maybe it's the design but you always seem to finish one new part of the picture every time. I just looked at the original picture and you're further down than I realised. I'd say you're at least halfway by now. Here I go, analysing again.

Images
    Thank you Glenda! Yes, I've passed the half-way point. I have about a page and a half left on this row, and then one more row. This one is a very easy stitch!
    Wendy

Images
    It sounds like you'll be finished in no time at all, Wendy. I think mine is going to be a pretty easy stitch too. I did some colours in the bottom right corner that only have a few stitches in each colour but it wasn't too bad because there were plenty of stitches around to run under when I finished. That's my chief problem with confetti and only a handful of stitches in a colour - if all the colours are like that there's not much to run under on the back. Flower Garden was ATROCIOUS for confetti. It might be better if I work up from the bottom because there's more normal stitching on the bottom half. By time I get the bottom half done it'll be easier to make myself keep going on the top bit. I'm not one to waste effort I've already put in!

Images
    Wendy and Glenda shurrup about easy stitch, I envy you both I have 25sts to finish a block of 100 and every one is a different colour and all next to each other The colours aren't used till I get down to the next little picture so I have nowhere to run or finish the threads off as the backs too thick already so I might have to stitch the next page across which is a pillar and fasten them off there or I could just put it in the drawer and forget it as it's so hard to pick it up these days
    Abi.....

Images
    Oh Abi, I feel for you, but please, please don't put it down! Yours is the most fascinating I have ever watch being stitched. I know, I know, I'm only watching and it's you doing the stitching!
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks Wendy the way I feel I'm hoping it's just a wobble, OH said stitch it or ditch it and that as well as your post made me think again. I did 8 or 9 of the confetti sts but I'll have to stitch across to the next page to finish them all so I took a pic and will start it again tomorrow, it's not helping that I'm itching to start something new.
    Abi.....

Images
    I can imagine something that big would wear you down after a while, Abi, especially when you get to patches of confetti like that. I had pretty much the same problem with Flower Garden so I had to have a rest from it for a while (the confetti, not the size). I'm hoping that if I practise the principles of parking a bit on something easier I'll be able to cope better with it when I go back to it. That was part of the reason I stopped, because I just wasn't ready for that sort of confetti. It sure would be a pity not to finish it when you've spent soooo much time on it! I must check the chart of the seed catalogue picture for you. It's been a bit busy this week but I also keep forgetting. I'm sure you don't need it just yet anyway.