Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: December Friday - Monday GK and non-GK SAL

Leslie, so sorry to hear about your mother. You really have been through the mill with everything! Pleased to hear that you have managed to pick up your Lighthouse again. Hopefully you can 'lose' yourself in your stitching a bit.

Images
    Abi, I hope Desmond isn't a problem for you! Things must be bad for them to mention it on the news here.

Images
    Thanks Glenda, yes its really bad here but luckily were about 30 miles from the worst hit areas and on higher ground, we were off to Skipton about 10 miles away this morning but the roads are closed I feel for the people in Lancaster and watching them trying to save their stuff in rowing boats is awful. The whole of Cumbria has been badly affected and having no power trains or public transport doesn't help. It's rained solid now for over 3 weeks but today it's dry and the gales have subsided here so I really hope its dry for Cumbria.
    Abi.....

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure

Images
    Thank you Abi and Rachel.
    Leslie

Images
    Leslie, I'm glad to see that you are stitching again!

Abi, I just looked at some photos - such devastation. Is your roof still leaking? I imagine the water that people are wading through is freezing cold! You've been through a number of storms in the past few weeks. Abigail wasn't that long ago and they are up to Desmond already!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy I feel for them what they are going through and whats to come and here was me moaning about a leak in the ceiling On Saturday Cumbria suffered 14inches of rain, the expected rainfall for a whole month

The roofer came Friday and brought his son to help, they removed most of the tiles on the leaky side of the roof and checked it all out and all they found was a few loose clips at the edge of the gable that had slipped with the wind so those were replaced the roof rebuilt and no leak since On Saturday it was torrential rain and gales the whole day and were still dry!

Thanks for asking
    Last edited by Abi; 12-07-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    Abi.....

Images
    I always think it'd be devastating to go through a flood like that and lose so many of your possessions, but to have it happen in freezing cold weather and have no power would be even worse. They showed Carlisle and Keswick on the tv here and it made me thankful I live in a relatively boring but flood-free area! Abi, I'm glad your roof has finally been fixed. There's no point in you suffering just because everyone else is!

Images
    I'm glad it's fixed Abi, and that it was something simple. I can't imagine having 14 inches so quickly, especially this time of year. I certainly hope that their insurance policies will cover the bulk of the damage.
    Wendy

Images
    It's been an exciting week of stitching here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails King of hearts 8 Dec 15.jpg   King of hearts - started 2 Dec 15.jpg  

Images
    Glenda what lovely progress, at this rate it will soon be finished Are you enjoying it?
    Abi.....