Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2488. Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor

Images
    Aww Mireille, my heart goes out to you and your mother. It's hard to believe that it has been three years already. My sister had a burnout due to her job, and I know how hard it was for her to recover. She is slowly regaining her health. One thing that really helped her is a product to give her adrenal glands a boost, because the stress and burnout drains the adrenals. Thankfully you and your mother have each other, and I pray that your healing has begun.
    Wendy

Images
    Mireille, I hope you and your mother recover soon.

Images
    Thank you so much, Anthony!

Wendy, you are so right! What we have is called in English Adrelin Fatigue. It's a miserable thing to have and to recover from. I recently discovered on the internet that persons who suffer from this have a shortage on vitamin C. Now you would think that is easy to deal with. This weekend we both tried a vitamin c, but because of that kind of vitamin C we couldn't sleep for hours, because our heartbeat is going wild. We have this with lots of food. So you keep skipping foods from your diet. There wasn't left much we could eat. Not very healthy, but being awake almost all night, sometimes a couple of night just from one meal, isn't much fun either. Yesterday we tried mandarins and woohoo we slept like babies. So we can tolerate that. I've ordered another kind of vitamin C. I really hope that will work and we don't lie away again.
    I must say I have pain everywhere. Luckily my sweet mother don't has that as bad as me. I guess I'm a tough cookie. But I do want so much to get rid of it. So life is going to be a bit more normal.
    Could you please tell what your sister used. I very curious about that. Thank you very much!
    Mireille
    GK - WIP: Virgin and Child with Saints and Donor.
    GK - WIP: The Adoration of the Kings.

Images
    Yes Mireille, I'd be glad to! Did your Vitamin C pills have orange flavouring in them? Many times the flavourings are all chemicals and that can negatively affect your body and your sleep. I know this from personal experience. And .... sleep is so important!

I'll talk to my sister and get back to you.
    Wendy

Images
    Thanks, Wendy! Yes the vitamine c pills were orange and had ascorbine-acid in it. Now the other vitamine c has just arrived. It is magnesiumascorbaat and is the non-acid variant. This one is in powderform, so I just took a tiny bit to see if this one will go okay with sleeping. When we sleep tonight we can use more of it.
    As far as I can figure out the problems with my (well, our) muscles right now has all to do with vitamin C shortage.
    How odd you have had the same problems with those orange pills. Thank you so much for thinking with me and asking your sister about what she used. You're the best!
    Mireille

Images
    I think that magnesium is supposed to help with sleeping, so hopefully that will be good for you. My sister is out for the day, so I'll telephone her tonight and let you know what I learn!
    Wendy

Images
    Mireille, I sent you a private message. Hope it helps!
    Wendy

Images
    Wendy, thank you so much for the private message and the link to the medicine your sister is using. So very kind of you.
    I read the contents and it does had ascorbic acid in it. So that worries me a bit.
    Yesterday I tried out the other vitamine c powder. That didn't worked out well. It kept me awake for 5 hours, but worst of all I couldn't swallow my food in the evening. Because I already had a bad day I thought it was because of that. But this morning I realized it was an allergic reaction to the powder. It's a good thing I used just a tiny bit. Otherwise I probably would have and up at the ER.
    Eating mandarins now for a couple of days I must say there is some improvement in my muscles. So it is all to do with vitamin C. I really hope to get good results with this fruit and add some more fruits to our diet next week. Maybe when everything goes well I can stitch by the end of February again. Last december Marcus has made a beautiful pattern for me and I want to get started on that one also. It is not very huge, so I can manage to do this one as well next to the other two large ones. Although I will skip The Adoration of the Kings for a while. It turned out to be too much to stitch two huge ones.
    Thanks a lot, Wendy! I appreciate you help enormously! I really hope to be back in February/March.
    Mireille

Images
    Wendy, I forgot, please thank your sister from me.
    Mireille

Images
    That's scary about the powder, Mireille. Are you taking it in the morning or the evening? Perhaps if you took it in the morning your body would get the benefits of it, and it would be out of your system by bedtime. Also, are you taking it on an empty stomach? Possibly it would be more effective with food? Just a few thoughts to consider.

I hope you will be able to do a bit of stitching - it could help your stress. But .... if you work on two large ones and a small one, that would certainly be stressing for me!!
    Wendy